To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20554
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Lead, Agile DevOps
Kinetix Technology • Washington, DC
Posted 6 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Government - Civil Service
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kinetix Technology® is a national IT professional services company that helps companies drive performance by delivering custom IT consulting and professional services. Kinetix Technology provides clients with top-quality IT consultants and technologists in two core areas of Information Technology across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Data Management. Kinetix provides skilled applications professionals for all phases of the SDLC. Kinetix consultants specialize in specific technologies and job functions, as well as industry verticals, enabling them to respond to the unique needs of each client. Kinetix's Data offering assists clients in building and deploying architecturally sound, evolvable enterprise-scale information and interoperability architecture, by providing expert consultants or teams. Kinetix Technology provides consultants on a consulting, and staff augmentation engagements, in SOW, contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions.
Our client is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health care and civilian government agencies. We are looking for a top notch Technical Lead to work in our client's Agile Technology Sector.
As a Software Architect / Technical Lead ( Software Architect V ) you will lead cutting edge Agile DevOps projects for federal agencies. The Lead will have a clear understanding of The US Digital Services Playbook and will work closely with the client in this high visibility role. The ideal candidate has a general intellectual curiosity and passion for solving problems with an eye for optimization and efficiency. The role will include meeting with internal business and technical stakeholders plus product owners to develop architecture and software delivery using both commercial and open source tools and software.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Lead up to five Agile Scrum teams in building and shipping software within an Agile DevOps environment.
- Ensure that the software delivery team strives for end to end test automation and utilizes a CI/CD continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline to deliver software.
- Analyze and design solutions in order to execute on a client-defined product backlog.
- Ensure that applications can be continuously released with high levels of confidence while also improving the scalability, reliability, quality and performance of the Continuous Delivery/DevOps build systems.
- Develop and implement software delivery standards, policies, and procedures in collaboration with client teams to prioritize shipping Minimal Viable Products.
- Work closely with USCIS leadership delivering technical delivery updates on a weekly basis.
- Work with developers as a mentor in answering their questions to technical impediments and provide alternative solutions by evaluating the risk/impact.
- Drive the architecture road map solution.
- Collaborate across teams to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Math, Engineering and Science.
- 10 years of experience coding solutions in code Java and Middleware. Additional Object Orientated Programming experience with languages such as Python, C++ and PHP.
- 5 years hands-on experience designing and developing full stack solutions including client-side, server-side, and database.
- Prior working experience designing and delivering test automation for software delivery.
- Prior working experience with code pipeline systems (listed or equivalent):
- Containerization (Docker);
- Spring, Hibernate;
- Code Deploy systems (Puppet or Chef);
- Continuous Integration systems, (Jenkins, Bamboo, or Travis);
- Git code management practices (GitHub or Bamboo);
- Issue tracking (JIRA).
- Prior working experience building applications on cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microservices.
- AWS certification or equivalent expertise (DevOps, SysOps, Developer, or Architect).
- 5 years of experience delivering Minimal Viable Products using Lean and Agile DevOps practices.
- 5 years of expertise in iterative development, leveraging continuous integration, scripting and automation for high performance development.
- Prior working experience with core Java and middleware development.
- Prior working experience with Databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Significant amount of front end, form development experience with Angular JS.
- Prior working experience with Enterprise Integration patterns, ESB (design, architecture and implementation).
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Math, Engineering and Science.
- Experience with Red Hat Openshift, CI/CD DevOps, Containers, Kubernetes.
Job ID: 17-03164
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.