United Artists Releasing, a Joint Venture between Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) and Annapurna Pictures (Annapurna), is a U.S. theatrical releasing company. Built upon the legacy of the iconic United Artists motion picture studio, the joint venture provides a home where filmmakers are supported by thoughtful approaches to marketing, publicity, and distribution. United Artists Releasing offers content creators an alternative distribution option outside of the studio system and supports Annapurna and MGM’s film slates as well as the films of third-party filmmakers.
Publicity Assistant– Assistant, Publicity – Looking for a motivated self-starter to assist the Executive Vice President of Publicity in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced office and handle multitasking and prioritizing with impeccable attention to detail.
- Handle all administrative duties for Executive Vice President’s desk which includes answering phones, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar for EVP
- Plan and coordinate travel and reconcile expense reports
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls with talent, filmmakers, agencies, and reps
- Act as the point of contact for vendors and on-boarding
- Collect items for internal management meeting agendas
- Assist with coordinating press events (press junkets, premieres, special events, screenings/Q&A’s)
- Book and coordinate screenings and liaise with Distribution department to insure DCP delivery
- Coordinate invoice processing
- Help monitor digital landscape for trends, new social media platforms and competitive studio tracking
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with publicity and marketing executives
- Work on special projects and research assignments as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 Year undergraduate college degree preferred. Degree in media, journalism, or communications a plus.
- 2 years prior experience working in the film/entertainment industry
- Minimum of one-year direct publicity experience at an agency, studio, streamer, or network
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and autonomously on assigned projects
- Prior studio experience with film publicity and awards campaigns
- Working knowledge of film distribution companies and talent rep community
- Genuine love for all kinds of films and pop culture
- Knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms
- Intuitive people skills and a good sense of humor a real plus
United Artists Releasing is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, age over 40, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation. Please inform UAR’s Human Resources Department if you need assistance to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. UAR will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Interested candidates must submit a resume.
Not accepting resumes from search firms or recruiters.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Interpersonal Skills