To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Calhoun, TN 37309
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Resolute Forest Products • Calhoun, TN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our [[city]] location in [[filter5]], [[filter4]] is currently seeking talent to fill the position of [[title]]. This job is [[filter2]], [[filter3]].
The Packaging Engineer will focus on new product and package design engineering and Project execution. This position will have the experience and knowledge to create, lead and implement new packaging and products as well as develop and manage product processes and changes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and set packaging specifications for new products and packaging that meets customer needs, considers manufacturing efficiency across a diverse asset base, and protects the product throughout the supply chain.
- Improves upon the performance and design of existing products and oversees first productions and packaging of final product.
- Attends first manufacturing production run for packaging materials at vendors’ sites if necessary
- Manage the commercialization process with cross functional team. Keeps Projects Files updated to most current status on material development on a daily basis.
- Identify and select packaging materials needed for production.
- Calculation of BOM's .
- Produce final drawings and specifications of packages and products.
- Maintain a strong focus on waste elimination and cube optimization.
- Work closely with other operational functions to ensure any achievable cost savings are realized and products are successfully launched on time
- Develop and recommend efficient case/pallet stack and shipping configurations based on customer requirements and production capabilities.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts. Strong CAD skills and mathematical Excel and TOPS is recommended.
- This position will support Calhoun Mill primarily and Florida Sites secondarily
This job will report to the Director of Product Management with strong interactions with Operations, Scheduling, Quality, Procurement and Supply Chain Departments.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree ln Packaging, Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of package and corrugate design
- CAD Skills and Experience or other vector design program such as Adobe Illustrator
- TOPS or other package configuration software
- Knowledge of Packaging labeling Requirements based on Code of Federal Regulations CFR
- Knowledge of GS1 and bar code systems and standards
- Product Design and Development experience of packaging (poly and corrugate preferred)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision
- Confident self-starter with an entrepreneur spirit to develop and implement processes
- LOCATION: Position will be in Calhoun, TN
- Expect 20- 25% travel between plants.
- Preferred experience in CPG and paper goods industry
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.