You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 21754
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer is to support Machine Division Production & New Product Development. The Manufacturing Engineer has ownership of torque tools and fastening strategy for Machine Division assembly. The Manufacturing Engineer will expand MES integration and capabilities in the Machine Division. The Manufacturing Engineer shall promote and adopt the continuous improvement culture by focusing on problem solving to drive improvements in the organization’s safety, quality, operational performance, customer satisfaction, and overall financial health of the company.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Expected to be able to handle substantial portions of project work and day-to-day shop support with little to no supervision. They should be able to lead projects both within the department and cross-functionally. Assignments may be routine or non-routine and will typically involve a mix of analysis and hands-on activities. They may also direct the work of techs, college students or other engineers. They may be required to direct/lead/teach other engineers and techs on their projects and more technically challenging work inside or outside the department. Assignments may be assigned by supervisors or developed on their own but will need to be communicated to supervision to assure alignment with company objectives.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement activities to reduce cycle time, inventory, and waste while improving process performance, quality, cost, and standardizing the processes.
- Typical assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Developing torque curves for assembly operations
- Integrating torque tools and assembly instructions into MES
- Resolving safety, environmental and ergonomics issues
- Process improvements and optimization
- Cost reductions
- Evaluation and implementation of employee suggestions
- Development and implementation of new processes
- Performing cost analyses
- Six Sigma projects
- Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Shop support
- Development of processes for and the launching of new products
- Capacity studies
- Quality improvements
- Other assignments as assigned by the supervisor
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering experience in related field
- Experience developing torque and fastening strategies
- Understanding of and experience with MES
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, tools and materials
- Must have good judgment, be well organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to seeking opportunities for cost savings and process improvements
- Ability to research, analyze and justify financial purchases and make sound financial decisions
- Understanding of six sigma tools and statistical process control
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including positive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work effectively and cross-functionally on a regular basis
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point; CAD software; ability to learn SAP
- Experience in project management and ownership
- Ability to perform hands-on work as required
- Ability to occasionally work off shifts
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Support
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Business Performance Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Cost Reduction
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 829527701
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.