Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is constantly expanding our capabilities to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients while adhering to our core values, which include national service, trustworthiness, integrity and candor, broad expertise, stability and security, and teamwork. Our mission at SPA is to provide timely and objective analysis and integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business solutions in support of important national security objectives. We believe we can best support our client by aligning everything we do with their critical missions with a focus on future needs.
The Integrated Warfare Systems Group's (IWSG) focus is to provide engineering, technical, and programmatic support to the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems, Above Water Sensors (PEO IWS 2.0) Directorate. Efforts include overarching program management, test and evaluation, systems engineering, operations analysis, systems integration, international, cybersecurity, IT network and programmatic support for over 25 PEO IWS 2.0 advanced radar, phased array radar, electronic warfare, electro-optic, advanced off-board electronic warfare/decoy and directed energy programs. IWSG staff support a variety of tasks including: support and completion of major technical reviews; producing required acquisition documentation; meeting critical program milestone deadlines; managing program needs and external requirements, and ensuring the right resources are provided to the right priorities at the right time. #IN123#CJResponsibilities
We are seeking a dedicated Navy Acquisition Program Lead to provide Engineering Support Services (ESS) to the U.S. Navy PEO IWS 2.0, Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP) Principal Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) and Deputy PAPM. For this critical work, we are looking for a proactive leader experienced in Navy Acquisition processes. The person who excels in this role will ultimately be responsible for maintaining a standard of excellence and delivering products with the utmost attention to detail and organization.
This Program Lead will provide support to the SEWIP program's most pressing priorities. Your expertise will contribute to technical briefings, issue papers, summaries, budgets, Request for Proposals and other program and acquisition documentation. Program milestones, key events, special studies/research projects for program goals/issues will require supporting and monitoring. We expect you to provide quality control of the ESS team by reviewing their work to ensure it meets SPA's highest quality standards\u2014delivered on time, error-free, and suitable for the intended purpose.
It will be your responsibility to ensure critical tasks are coordinated across the team and meet the program needs. Communication is key when effectively interfacing with the SEWIP PAPM, Deputy PAPM, and internal and external stakeholders to coordinate timely and well-organized support for programmatic, systems engineering, test & evaluation, and financial tasks. You will be required to produce and manage re-occurring products like program reports and staff meeting charts as well as process travel requests and participate in the hiring process for your SPA ESS team.
The IWSG office is located at 20 M Street in Southeast DC, and is conveniently down the street from our clients at the Washington Navy Yard. Daily onsite client support at the Navy Yard is expected to aid in the highest quality client support. Local DC area travel may be required up to 10% of the time. Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 10 years of experience working in a technical field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an acquisition program office environment to include practical working knowledge and experience with documentation, processes, protocols, formats, and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment with a wide variety of programmatic/technical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality services and products, while meeting strict deadlines and time constraints
- Direct supervisory experience overseeing employees supporting subcontractor services
- Direct supervisory experience overseeing employees responsible for quality of a team's delivered services, communications, and data products
- Experience in a client facing role with daily client interactions
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and present briefings for clients and senior leadership
- Demonstrated forward thinking and proactive problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- DAWIA Level I or higher certification or equivalent
- US Navy or Electronic Warfare experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Complex Problem Solving