* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of experience working as a Business Analyst, Financial Analyst (FP&A) or in a management consulting, investment banking, strategy, or internet/media industry role.
* Experience in a role combining analytics with business context to create presentations to executive leadership.
* MBA or Graduate degree in Management, Science, Math, Physics, or a related engineering field.
* Experience in extracting and analyzing datasets using SQL, R/Python or similar tools.
* Ability to develop and validate hypotheses, apply inferential/causal techniques, build rudimentary statistical models as appropriate, and drive business recommendations.
* Ability to present to executives and communicate with management teams.
* Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills, with effective business acumen.
About the job
Product and Business Strategy Leaders bring together teams across Google's functions to help products execute optimally. Our team pushes Google to scale at key points that refine our products and infrastructure by executing efficiently, bringing solid business sense and sound judgment, and working effectively across organizational lines.
Our roles often include components of strategy (e.g. analyzing and understanding new trends in the industry, building business plans), operations (e.g. running the cadence of organizations, connecting the operating lines between our functions), and communications. Our team partners with senior leadership to run important functions that cross-cut our existing organizations and deliver high impact projects. We help Engineers, PMs, UX, and all of our other functions to build amazing products that delight our users, and then get those products into their hands.
As a Research and Insights lead, you will contribute to originating and sharing critical research and insights into users, countries/markets, engaging landscape, key technologies. You will also support various executive business reviews across Android and Play, outlining the questions to be answered, setting the metrics to track outcomes, participating in the forums for discussion. You will engage with executive leaders, scope business problems, structure and execute analyses, applying appropriate techniques and synthesize and present actionable recommendations.
Android is Google's open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $153,000-$242,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
* Engage with a range of business stakeholders, understand business goals and market environment to develop hypotheses, execute research and/or analyses, and inform product and business strategies in partnership with cross-functional teams.
* Drive insights for assigned product areas by collating externally and internally available research, combined with analyses of user/device behavioral data to synthesize into forecasts, opportunities for the product teams to invest.
* Define business performance metrics, monitor business performance and engaging landscape to support creation of state of the union insights to key leaders on a periodic basis.
* Develop compelling presentations for leadership on business issues and opportunities.
* Influence a cross-functional team to take action on developed strategies, highlighted opportunities, and priorities determined from research activities.
- Business Strategies
- Commercial Awareness
- Data Analysis