To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Inspector II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 29 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Production Inspector II with our Manufacturing Production Team on 4th shift (Friday-Sunday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. - work 36 hours, get paid for 40!) is responsible for performing both details and routine repair operations on assemblies and route the assemblies to the next operation.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Ability to read and understand process instructions, schematic drawings and manufacturing routings
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate strong component recognition skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to rotate between rework and line positions
- Effective organizational skills
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Determine which product takes priority based on the defined production guidelines
- Locate and collect parts and materials for current job assignment by cross referencing part number in system
- Perform repairs on boards per procedure and route boards to next operation
- Perform on-line rework/repair duties as necessary
- Perform hand solder operations on assemblies and inspects rework/repairs
- Enter board quantities into automated computer system for on line rework/repair operations
- Perform record keeping and paperwork associated with job assignments
- Perform labor data entries into the appropriate tracking system
- Work with the solder pot to remove and replace damaged components
- Perform de-solder operations as needed on assemblies
- Obtain the appropriate paperwork and necessary drawings for each assembly and verify the paperwork has the correct effective date
- Complete WebMR parts requisition for needed rework parts
- Reference Defect Code List to identify defects
- Use manufacturing routings and process instructions under minimal supervision
- Maintain a clean work area and follow all safety and ESD practices
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
2+ years experience
High School Diploma or GED; Hand solder certification required
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.