Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
Solar penetration is less than 1%, but just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best solar technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency, and performance. SunPower offers the only solar + storage solution designed and warranted by one company that gives customers control over electricity consumption. Through design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring, SunPower provides its world-class solar solutions to residential and commercial customers across the U.S.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate, and driven team of more than 2,500 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. SunPower welcomes the forward thinkers, the future savers of the world, the freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a driven and hands-on Program Manager to join our products team. This position will lead SunPower’s residential product launch efforts for our growing suite of products, including hardware and software products. The Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs and New Product Introduction and will be responsible for launching complex product solutions by working with our engineering, digital, applications, and sales & marketing teams. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team, have a demonstrated ability to develop release plans across multiple channels and business segments, and be excited to develop new processes for streamlining product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Drive end to end product development/launch, collaborating with a wide range of functional groups, and reporting on progress and metrics
- Work directly with stakeholders across products, sales, operations, quality and supply chain teams on development plans and schedules
- Ensures messaging of key product features, processes, expectations, performance, etc. is accurate, clear, and delivered consistently across departments, and that deliverables are able to meet committed schedules
- Understand and prioritize key aspects of SunPower’s sales and operational tools and processes
- Understand SunPower’s back-end PLM and operational infrastructure to usher through product releases and changes
- Lead new product “go to market” execution including planning and facilitating Alpha and Beta projects.
- Develop and improve existing internal operational processes
- Support product transitions including new launches and product end of life initiatives
- BS in technical field or demonstrated experience in supporting new product introduction
- Minimum 4+ years relevant experience in new product introduction, program management, or applications engineering
- Strong work ethic and an ability to lead for results in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail and process-oriented
- In-depth understanding of logistics, operations, digital design and marketing tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in solar products is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
- Development Planning
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Infrastructure Management
- Interpersonal Skills