Acrisure is a fintech financial services leader and among the world’s top 10 insurance brokerages. Acrisure has grown from $38 million to more than $3.9 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 14,000 employees across thirteen countries.
Led by co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, real estate services, cyber services and asset and wealth management. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
IBTX Insurance, specializes in risk management and insurance solutions. Empowered with innovative thinking, their experienced professionals deliver creative solutions to proactively manage risk, mitigate exposure and consequences, and minimize financial and human impact. They are among the largest independent brokers in the Southwest with a mission to instill confidence in our clients.
, an Acrisure agency partner
, has a current need for a full-time Accounting Specialist
. This individual will sit remotely, but must be local to San Antonio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Running and analyzing financial reports
- Pay and reconcile vendor invoices
- Financial reports including producer commission reports
- Supporting the accounting team
- Sit in on budget meetings and building out budget reports via template
- Maintain current knowledge or organizational policies and procedures
- Resolves accounting discrepancies associated with account balances and reconciliations
- Quarterly reporting, budgeting, variance explanations
- Facilitate communication between accounting and other agencies
- Various one-off projects
- Back up support to AP/AR
- Work can be in various areas within a regional team including cash application, receivables, direct bill, and carrier/broker/producer payables, depending on assignment
- Perform assigned month end processes & closing procedure with team & Controller
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years general accounting experience, required
- Commercial Insurance experience, preferred
- Degree in accounting, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft and Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs required)
- Familiarity with Agency Bill and Direct Bill, required
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork
- Demonstrates a high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is to be completed remotely, with occasional in-office meetings
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off and 401k plan.
IB-TX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.
- Accounting Control
- Balance Sheet
- Finger Dexterity
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles