Position Title: Associate Project Manager, Construction (S4)
Crown Castle is the nation's largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells and fiber. It all works together to meet unprecedented demand-connecting people and communities and transforming the way we do business. Whenever you make a call, track a workout or stream music and videos, we're the ones providing the communications infrastructure that makes it all possible. From 5G and the internet of things to drones, autonomous vehicles and AR/VR, we enable the technologies that help people stay safe, connected and ready for the future. Crown Castle is publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US, with an enterprise value of ~$100B.
We offer a total benefits package and professional growth development for teammates in any stage of their career. Along with caring for our teammates, we're an active member in the communities where we live, work and do business. We have a responsibility to give back, which we do through our Connected by Good program. Giving back allows us to improve public spaces where people connect, promote public safety and advance access to education and technology.
Position will support lead Construction Project Manager on customer deployments, and responsible for all aspects of construction on Crown Castle projects including; Vendor selection, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent Crown Castle as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation projects.
* Project manage one or more aspects of a customer deployment on multiple applications, and ensure projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and Crown Castle and in accordance with Crown Castle policies and procedures
* Directly advise and influence decisions of Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work
* Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process
* Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Crown
* Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to Crown
* Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure Crown Castle is receiving competitive rates for quality work
* Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Construction Program, Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost
* Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained
* Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Crown Castle construction standards, processes, and procedures
* Project manage/support all facets of an application from NTP to construction complete and closeouts delivered
* Responsible for the management and coordination of team members in obtaining and maintaining all requisite documents related to said projects including, but not limited to, modification, collocation and construction of towers (e.g., structural analysis, lease, title, applicable permits, soil samples, regulatory approvals or others as required)
* Responsible for forecasting Project Management Tool dates (e.g., initial forecast, updated forecast) and customer systems as directed by Construction Program and Project Manager
* Participate in internal & external deployment meetings as directed by lead Construction Project Manager, and interact with carrier representative as needed
* Deal with design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.)
* Communicate and coordinate with relevant functions and parties as needed
* Utility coordination as needed
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
* One (1) to three (3) or more years of project management experience
* Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance, and property management
* Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
* Ability to read and understand blueprints along with and understanding of tower/roof top structural details
* Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
* Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
* Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of construction services: telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, towers, lines, and antennas
* Ability to communicate across multiple service groups to both internal and external customers
Reports to: Program Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: This role falls into our hybrid work model working in your assigned office approximately 60% of the time (3 days per week) and where you do your best work 40% (2 days per week). There is an expectation of collaboration with teammates and stakeholders for moments that matter that could require travel.
Additional Information: Crown Castle has a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy in place requiring vaccination by your employment start date, unless approved for an accommodation or otherwise prohibited by law.
- Asset Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Relationship Management