To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbiana, AL 35051
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Axle & Manufacturing • Columbiana, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitlePlant Controller
Job Description SummaryThe Plant Controller is a business partner with the division General Manager as well as a member of the plant leadership team which drives the development and attainment of business strategies and goals.
The Controller reports directly to the General Manager and functionally to the AAM Castings Finance Director.
- Partner with plant leadership on providing business case analyses for make versus buy, capital acquisitions, new business opportunities and other ad hoc requirements.
- Direct, plan, and coordinate the plant financial functions including financial statement reporting and analysis, business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and purchasing
- Manage monthly financial close
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Bridge actual results to forecasted and budgeted using company walk down schedules
- Provide advice and support to department managers for the preparation of departmental budgets and resolution to budget variances.
- Maintain current knowledge of company policies and procedures and current accounting standards.
- Prepare and implement yearly standard cost updates
- Participate in cost reduction activities, ensuring that financial objectives are clear and results can be tracked and reported
- Supervise accounting staff of 4 employees. Provide for staff development and growth
- Maintain SOX and internal control compliance and certify quarterly results
- Manage annual audit activities
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3 to 5 years in a Controller role in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Communications Skills – written and oral/phone
- Strong leadership, analytical, and human relations skills
- Computer skills as well as ERP system experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.