As an Empowered Leader, the Store Leader- Hourly works independently to directly influence the performance of everyone who interacts with guests and supports the store environment. Using elements of GameStop's Buy-Sell-Trade Model, The Circle of Life, and Solution Selling techniques, the Store Leader ensures world-class guest service experiences for all of GameStop’s guests. The Store Leader-Hourly makes discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, employment, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes of a GameStop store. This position supervises a combination of associates including an Assistant Store Leader, Senior Game Advisors and Game Advisors, which may vary based upon store size, location, and expected sales volume.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Enjoy active selling, including exploring and creating guest needs and closing the sale. Demonstrate a passion for exceeding goals.
o Provide world-class guest service: promptly greet guests, respond to and handle guest concerns quickly, effectively and courteously; align guest needs with GameStop products which meet the needs of the guest; recommend additional items as appropriate; and ensure every guest is thanked for shopping at GameStop; ensure all store associates consistently provide world-class guest service.
Solution Selling Focus
• Drive sales and guest loyalty by creating complete, lasting guest solutions. Demonstrate unique interest in every guest. Ask questions and makes recommendations in order to make technology easier and more affordable for every guest.
o Ensure the use of Solution Selling techniques to align guest needs with GameStop products, the recommendation of additional items as appropriate, and ensure every guest is thanked for shopping at GameStop.
o Support the total shopping environment, including visual and operational elements, and the guest relationships that lead to sales and repeat business.
• Demonstrate a selfless commitment to others on the store team, including schedule and activity-based dependability, continuous improvement, and respond effectively to feedback. Actively seek opportunities to contribute at a higher level of service to the business, the guests, and others on their team.
o Recruit, hire, assess, develop, and retain people committed to outstanding guest service.
o Provide timely, appropriate and regular feedback to all store associates concerning performance, conduct performance coaching discussions as appropriate, and writing and presenting annual performance appraisals.
o Using the Empowered Leadership Model, lead store associates in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals.
o Ensure the sales floor is attended by a supervisor at all times, and the store always has a supervisory employee present.
o Train store associates on all aspects of their jobs, including all company/store policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Respond rapidly, accurately, and consistently to all of the operational requirements essential for creating exceptional and profitable guest experiences in a consistently clean, neat, and well organized store.
o Schedule store associates to achieve optimum guest service levels, and delegate store tasks to ensure proper completion in an environment that puts the guest first.
o Communicate clearly and regularly with store associates, other Store Leaders, the store support center, and multi-unit leaders to ensure that all GameStop store initiatives are implemented according to plan.
o Protect company assets through effective inventory control and loss prevention practices.
o Ensure that all areas of the store are clean, organized, and merchandised per company guidelines and all store fixtures and equipment are in proper working order.
o Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals correctly and accurately in the POS system.
o Manage all in-store merchandising activity and stock levels; communicate all shortages, record discrepancies and out of stock issues to the District Leader and Regional Loss Prevention Leader
Military Stores (if applicable)
o Ensure all Affirmative Action Program initiatives including proper completion of additional paperwork, document retention, and employment procedures and practices are adhered (*applies only to positions at a military base store)
o Form professional partnerships with appropriate military personnel on assigned military base including the Supply Base Leader (SBM). (*applies only to positions at a military base store)
• Building a Successful Team – Uses appropriate methods and a flexible and interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of team goals
• Building Guest Loyalty – Effectively meets guest needs; builds productive guest relationships; takes responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty
• Coaching – Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
• Driving for Results - Sets high goals for personal and group accomplishment; uses measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously works to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
• Work Standards – Sets high standards for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• High school diploma or GED required; An Associate’s or accredited Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred
• Three or more years of retail sales, guest service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail management experience preferred
• Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
• Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 20 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
• Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient guest service skills
• Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
• Ability to lead in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that includes multiple overlapping priorities
• Proficient knowledge of operating a point-of-sale computer system and properly completing required paperwork
• Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Working knowledge of alphabetizing
• Possess or acquire during employment onboarding a working understanding of military ranks and related insignia
• Proficient self-motivation and ability to work as a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
• Proficient problem solving skills and judgment abilities
• Proficient ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Ability to deliver bank deposits according to loss prevention safety guidelines
• Ability to work extended hours/days as necessary, including Sundays
• Ability to remain effective under pressure; ability to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, affirmative action, and ethical responsibilities
- Loss Prevention
- Retail Sales
- Displaying (Exhibition)
- Selling Techniques