A Plant Manager job in Dixon, California is available at Milgard Windows and Doors at our Glass Tempering facility. As a key member of the location’s leadership team, this role has overall responsibility for facility operations, fiscal requirements, distribution, and lean/continuous improvement activities. This is a fast-paced, challenging, hands-on position responsible for driving quality and operational improvements to achieve strategic location and company goals. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to improve manufacturing operations by fostering a culture of continuous improvement, driving profit improvements, safety, productivity, first-time quality, and on-time delivery. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, which creates additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Plant Manager job responsibilities include:
- Drive accountability to a safety-first culture.
- Use a data-driven approach in managing the operating budget to control expenditures and variances and enhance the profitable operation of the Dixon Tempering facility.
- Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revises objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Supervise a diverse workforce to ensure their training and development is sufficient to enhance productivity while supporting the ongoing development and employee engagement.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement; improving processes, reducing costs, and increase quality while providing superior customer service and on-time delivery.
- Incorporates Milgard’s Core Values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard Core Values
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Seven plus years of experience in operations management with a record of achieving results through people in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with glass tempering and furnaces is highly preferred
- Strong background in managing the financial performance of daily operations, development, and execution of long-range plans and leveraging lean and continuous improvement methodologies to drive improvement in critical metrics.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) would be a plus.
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. A great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
- Performance Bonus Incentive – your efforts are rewarded!
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k with company match
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
- Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
If you are interested in our Plant Manager job in Dixon, California please apply now. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!