UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Health and Social Services Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in or near Honolulu, HI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Hawaii
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting OR in a health care related role
- Experience working directly or collaborating services for long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Background/experience with at least one of the following: behavioral/mental health, psychiatric nursing, housing/homeless outreach, community resource linkages, pregnancy, pediatrics or disease management
- Intermediate experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and / or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Current access or ability to obtain internet access via a landline
- Once appropriate to go back into the field, you will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- CCM (Certified Case Manager)
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Background in mental health or experience working with serious mental illness
- Case Management experience
- Experience with or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience with utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Experience as a Public Health Nurse
- Field-based work experience
- Bilingual in Cantonese or Mandarin
- Psych background including community nursing such as PHN or IP psych facility
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low-income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical, Home Health, Registered Nurse, RN, CCM, Medicaid Waver, Medicaid, MDCP, Social Worker, Social Work, SW Field Based, Home Care, Home Health, Complex Case Management, Managed Care, Bilingual, Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Case Manager, Home And Community Based Services, Care Manager, Long-Term Care, LTC, Hospice, Public Health, Assisted Living, Medicare, Medicaid, Waiver, Healthcare, Managed Care, psychiatric nursing, housing coordinator, homeless outreach, pediatrics, disease management, UHC, UHG, Unitedhealth Care, Unitedhealth Group, Telecommute, Remote, Work From Home, Honolulu, Oahu, HI, Hawaii