To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vehicle / Equipment Mechanic III
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 5 days ago
General Description and Classification Standards
Performs semi-skilled work involving the operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Work performed is at an experienced level and duties may include, but are not limited to: managing work requests, running diagnostic tests on vehicles, performing fleet management tasks, training or orienting lower level employees, reporting, and maintaining equipment which includes tow trucks, fork lifts, battery power packs, auto code scanners, key cutters and other equipment used in the daily operation of the garage.
Works under minimal supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. May assist in training, orienting, or observing lower level associate, apprentice, or semi-skilled employee in the group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages work requests; reviews vehicle service history; performs complex service requests or repairs to vehicle; records completed vehicle repairs to ensure accurate vehicle history; may oversee, train or provide orientation to lower level employees.
- Provides fleet management; runs diagnostic tests on vehicles; schedules repair and service estimates; allocates funds for repair work and records invoice information; schedules towing for disabled vehicles, arranges pick-up or dispatches operable vehicles to applicable service facility for repair; checks status of vehicle with vendor and communicates progress to customer; schedules post service inspections.
- Assists with reporting; compiles statistical information regarding labor, vehicle downtime and repair history.
- Operates and maintains equipment, including tow trucks, fork lifts, battery power packs, auto code scanners, key cutters and other equipment used in the daily operation of the garage.
Follows standardized procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Provides guidance and training as required to lower level, interns, temporary employees, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
Knowledge of: automotive terminology; automotive repair and maintenance; some knowledge of supervisor methods.
Skill in: the use of computers; in troubleshooting vehicle maintenance issues.
Ability to: communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, internal and external customers.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
Completion of a 1 year technical or vocational course of study or any other certification in Automotive or Diesel training
(5) years’ experience with major vehicle repairs
Preferred Education & Experience
Completion of a 2 year technical or vocational course of study in the appropriate area and 3 years' experience in general automotive repair and collision.
ASE Certified Mechanic in automotive or diesel repair or ability to attain with (6) months of employment.
Licensures and Certifications
- Valid state of Georgia CDL License required or the ability to obtain within the 6-month probationary period
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
- Electrical Diagnostics
- Preventative Maintenance
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Primary Location: true
Working Location: false
Forecasted paid hours per shift: https://atlantaga.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=190883&lang=en
Forecasted paid hours per week: true!$!ftlerrors
Employee Status: descRequisition.size