To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Full Time Retail Supervisor
Advantage Solutions • Nashville, TN
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Full Time Retail Supervisor
Our Retail Merchandising Team is searching for a competitive and ambitious Supervisor with proven experience managing and motivating associates, increasing sales, and merchandising. The Retail Supervisor is responsible for achieving and maintaining all client and customer standards by overseeing and directing activities of associates within assigned territories. The ideal candidate works closely with Business Development Managers, Brands, Retail Managers, and other retail personnel to ensure business objectives are met.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider, and build your career working with amazing people earning competitive pay! Apply today!
What We Offer:
- Full Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Pet Insurances).
- 401(K) with company match.
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Paid training and ongoing career development.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year of work.
- Mileage reimbursement.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and direct retail associates, conduct store audits, execute and complete all retail projects.
- Maintain Client objectives by ensuring product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics.
- Establish and maintain client relationships including work appointments.
- Consistently monitor and actively regulate expenses with regard to position and team budget standards.
- Accurate and timely communication, administrative, and coaching duties with direct reports.
- Associate's Degree Preferred.
- 4 years of applicable retail experience, including 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accurately complete multiple duties with frequent changes and competing deadlines.
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office proficiency.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Supervisor (RS) is responsible for achieving and maintaining all Client and Customer standards by overseeing and directing activities of Retail Sales Representatives and Merchandisers within an assigned territory. This person works closely with Business Development Managers, Clients, Store Managers, and various retail personnel to ensure retail business objectives are met.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development: will work on the achievement of in-store retail excellence goals by building goodwill with the trade and Clients, timely new item retail placement, and ensure completion of all retail projects.
- Client Audits: will work on the achievement of Client goals and objectives by effectively managing and directing retail personnel, conducting store audits, and executing all retail projects.
- Will increase brand representation and effectiveness through establishing and maintaining trade and Client relationships and by conducting Client work with appointments.
- Sales and Merchandising: will maintain Client objectives by ensuring product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics.
- New Items: will work on the achievement of business objectives through
placement of new items in all authorized stores.
- Shelf Standards and Conditions: will authorize items to meet Client shelf
- Call Coverage; oversee call coverage through scheduling merchandisers and
- Budget and Expense Control: Budgeting and expense control with the goal of
coming in under budget and having excellent control of expenses.
- Administration/Reporting: will complete accurate and timely paperwork and
reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 30 %
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 4 years of applicable experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Work independently
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.