CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0508G Plant Applications, Exempt
The Business System Analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs as they relate to the Osisoft PI system. The incumbent performs functional analysis, requirements definition, PI and other systems configuration and testing. The role will document requirements, define scopes and objectives, along with formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Communicates and collaborates with external/internal customers and stakeholders to analyze information and business needs to deliver functional and technical requirements to applications development teams along with business solutions to the company
- Identifies business process best practices and suggests process improvements
- Responsible for conducting prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, function mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/ control tables
- Leads evaluation and implementation of process improvements including needs analysis, scope definition and test plan development and execution
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, data and workflow analysis
- Assists in security/ authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
- Ensures that all deliverables are completed in accordance with Project Management direction; clearly and frequently communicate the status
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Investigates processes and identify root cause problems
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Works with business users to identify/clarify requirements, requests and opportunities for PI solutions. To include asset analytics, IIoT opportunities and data collection methods.
- Works with IT department managers and project leaders to provide transition guidance from high level concepts to implementation strategies. Manages assigned projects.
- Advises management on PI database concepts and PI functional capabilities.
- Customer service oriented. DCS programmers, Operations and Engineering staff are the primary customers.
- Determines management and user requirements for PI data resources; devise plans and strategies to organize and make information more available to help accomplish organizational benefits/goals using the PI system.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with DCS and Osisoft PI system preferred
- Related experience with applications development experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
- Preferred experience with DCS administration/configuration and cyber security methods used to secure the systems.
- Experience with Osisoft PI system administration and configuration.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call
or contact us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to PI Business Systems Analyst
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to PI Business Systems Analyst
Process Improvements (Business)
User Requirements Documents