The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician is responsible for performing a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance setting. Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures. Essential Job Duties
Statement of Coverage
- Monitors the production process and product by sensory, weight control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and comply with established specifications including color, moisture, pH, weight, size, etc.
- Evaluates all finished product in regards to moisture, ingredient content, breakage, color, package fill, raw and finished weights, seal integrity, code date legibility, and overall product quality.
- Accurately performs and documents all testing. Testing may include: Inspection and testing of incoming raw materials, in process products, finished goods, and products produced by outside suppliers. Utilizes testing equipment for validation and/ or calibration.
- Communicates all out-of-compliance situations and product standards to production employees and Production/QA Supervisors.
- Practices and adheres to safety and hygiene guidelines for safe house keeping and personal protection. Keeps all work areas clean, stores laboratory supplies in designated areas, keeps benches and aisles clear. Strictly adheres to safety procedures when handling chemicals for testing. Follows instructions for safe lifting.
- Executes the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan included in the SQF Program at the front line level.
- Monitors the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan effectiveness and conformance with SQF system requirements
- Identifies, investigates and/or determines whether out-of-compliance finished product should be placed on hold.
- Coordinates disposition and/or rework with leadership approval.
- Monitors raw materials storage area locations and complete shift tailings. Notifies appropriate personnel with any abnormal findings.
- Monitors metal detection validation & verification.
- Audits allergen maintenance repair sheets and operator forms.
- Conducts pre-op inspections of processing, packaging and mixing equipment after product changeovers and/or prior to weekly production start-up as a cross-functional team.
- Performs plant sanitation verifications to ensure allergen free and equipment is clean. If applicable may participate in Kleanz or respective program.
- Mandatory overtime is required.
- May perform other duties as required.
QA Coordinator, Lead (Supervisor or Manager), or Qualified Backup. Scope of Responsibility
Somewhat independent; work frequently done independently by following practices and procedures while occasionally having work checked. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Education and Experience
- Attention to details.
- Ability to pass basic math skills test.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and have proficiency in word processing (Microsoft Word) and Excel.
- Problem solving skills along with the ability to influence other business units.
- Ability to use quality assessment tools which may include calipers and scales.
High School Diploma or GED required; a minimum of 1 year of food manufacturing production/QA experience is preferred. Travel Required
Minimal travel may be required.
Good Manufacturing Practices
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 19319
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile