To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
416 South Utica Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kaman Distribution • Tulsa, OK
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kaman Industrial Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an experienced District Manager to join our Oklahoma team- the home office location for this position will be based in Tulsa,OK or Oklahoma City. In this role, the District Manager directs the district sales and customer service organizations and is responsible for the growth of profitable market share through managing expenses, district sales, and personnel, in addition to managaing full P&L for the assigned district. The District Manager also identifies sales opportunities to increase market share and drives accountability for results.
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of industrial products and solutions. We are proud to be a one source network for customers in various industries including food and beverage, power generation, and waste management. With over 150 locations across the United States and four million products and services, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that the ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Sales Managers, Account Managers, and Customer Service Supervisors within a district. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the district. Ensures that staff works as a team. Leads by example, facilitates the development of performance expectations, evaluates performance and provides coaching and opportunities for development. Directs team toward KIT goals and objectives.
- Collects and analyzes sales information and provides reports and analysis to senior management. Monitors progress toward established sales and profit objectives and drives accountability for achieving planned results. Forecasts future sales and profit performance for the district.
- Carries full responsibility for profit and loss (P&L) of all sales and customer service activities within the district. Maintains and approves appropriate P&L statements as required.
- Develops district Business Plan to enhance district profitability and achieve productivity improvements. Works within company guidelines for gross profit, gross margin and operating income. Supervises the development of Territory Management Plans (TMP) for all assigned Account Managers (AM) to achieve or exceed planned results.
- Ensures open communication to confirm that all customer requirements are being met complete and on-time. Troubleshoots and resolves any breakdowns in processes between Sales, Customer Service and Operations.
- Plans district implementations of KIT Sales programs, such as special product promotions, strategic account initiatives, documented savings program and territory management plans. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Allocates resources across districts/locations to provide for optimum sales levels while maintaining service and controlling expenses. Makes recommendations to improve location and district performance through expense control, increased sales and increased gross margins
- Analyzes sales reports, operating statements, Accounts Payable reports, headcount reports and inventory reports and recommends changes to improve profitability and operating efficiencies. Makes budget recommendations to senior management.
- Analyzes market opportunities and develops strategies to improve market share. Builds relationships with large customers in the district.
- Visits locations and makes sales calls with Account Managers and sales staff to enhance customer relations, build morale/teamwork and coach AMs, SMs, and CSSs.
- Communicates performance results and goals to the group to ensure objectives are met a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Education -- BS degree in business management, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience.Experience -- 6-8 years of sales experience, preferable in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
Valid driver’s license Required
Travel: 50+ %
Kaman Distribution Group, a division of Kaman Corporation, is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KIT #KDG