The role of the Safety Professional is responsible for the promotion and maintenance of company safety program(s) and compliance with Occupational Safety (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and other applicable safety and health standards. Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational injuries, illness and incidents and prepares reports for information of personnel concerned.
- Applies advanced safety-related elements of the physical sciences, ergonomics along with safety principles, standards, practices and analytical techniques to reduce injury to workers and/or damage to property.
- Conducts regular audits and walk-throughs of facilities and operations to identify existing/potential hazardous conditions.
- Acts as company representative in OSHA investigations.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to reports any accident or injuries to Workers Comp. or other Insurance carrier, conducts investigations and makes recommendations to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
- Work with physicians to ensure return to work program is in effect and put programs in place to reduce OSHA recordable and lost time cases.
- Identifies occupational hazards and makes recommendations to minimize or eradicate.
- Advises on safety requirements as mandated by insurance carrier or OSHA.
- Oversees maintenance of required safety documentation (MSDS books, Safety policies, Fleet Safety, etc.) as dictated by OSHA and other agencies.
- Provides training and consultation to employees and management on safe working techniques.
- Inspects equipment to meet quality control and safety standards and makes suggestions about procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of inspection reports and records.
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of shop or department.
- Participates in the Safety Committee
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be able to lift 50 lbs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time 40/hr
Occasional travel required to other facilities across the U.S to support projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- First aid, CPR and AED certification(s) preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of federal and state safety requirements.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize; good time management skills.
- Ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or find it as needed.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to operate under pressure of deadlines.
- Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently.
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of worker in order to train on minimum safety requirements.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Click or tap here to enter text.
Corsicana Mattress Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corsicana Mattress Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Corsicana Mattress Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Corsican Mattress Company employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. URL blocked - click to apply