UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We believe in making a difference on a scale you couldn't imagine. That’s us in a nutshell. As an Account Executive, you’ll work with an elite team to promote health care sales and market products through a defined list of agents and brokers. You’ll help write the history of UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group and help heal the health care system. This is your opportunity to make a difference and with the resources and support of a Fortune 5 industry leader.
- Develop business relationships with agents and/or brokers to sell healthcare business to customers
- Promote sales of health care products to small business (2 to 99 employees) customers, through brokers. This includes educating and keeping brokers up to date on products and pricing, evaluating, and discussing with brokers, developing recommendations on which products to market against competing product
The toughest part of this job? Working through ambiguity as you build relationship with some of our most focused and intense business leaders. We operate a complex, matrixed business and you'll need to earn credibility within a demanding business environment. You’ll be expected to use your solid knowledge of competitive products and solid convictions to help small businesses.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Insurance license as required by law or must obtain upon hire
- Demonstrated ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, and brokers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- 3+ years of experience in sales in the insurance industry required, selling HMO, POS, PPO and ancillary products
- Solid organization and planning skills in balancing multiple priorities, objectives and customer obligations
- Demonstrated solid underwriting, financial, and analytical skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.