* Cleans public areas and resident's apartments, including bathrooms, kitchens, patios & windows, floors, furniture and common areas.
* Performs all housekeeping duties including:
* distributing laundered articles and linens
* replacing and hanging draperies
* changing beds
* cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
* sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
* dusting furniture and equipment
* polishing metalwork
* washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills
* Performs all laundry duties including:
* washing, drying and ironing resident laundry and community linens and textiles in provided appliances
* folding and/or hanging laundry appropriately
* distributing laundered articles and linens
* replacing and hanging draperies and changing beds.
* Maintains resident laundry areas including mopping floors and washing walls regularly.
* Washes windows at reasonable heights through out the community as requested.
* Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
* Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
* Stocks cleaning cart with supplies.
* Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
* Ensures with maintenance that trash and dumpster areas are clean.
* Completes maintenance work orders for any maintenance repairs needed.
* Reports resident issues or changes in health or living status promptly.
* Reports potentially unsafe conditions or maintenance related issues promptly to Supervisor.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
* Able to operates cleaning equipment such as: mangle, iron, washer & dryer, brooms, mops, vacuums, etc
* Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
* Able to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
* Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of Unites States' currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
* Must have or be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, subject to legal requirements.
Housekeeper, housekeeping, janitor, environmental services, cleaning, janitorial
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
It's Easy to Apply Online
Select the "Apply Now" button on the job that interests you. Plan on taking 5-10 minutes to complete the application and select "Submit" when done - you'll receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter. Keep your login and password handy as you'll need it throughout the hiring process.
Every application is given due consideration. If your experience and skills are aligned with the job requirements, we'll contact you to schedule an interview.
Interviews & Assessments
Your interview will be conducted by phone or in person with an Atria recruiter or hiring manager. This process may include additional interviews, reference checks and skill assessments.
If you are chosen for the position, an offer will be made by phone and email. The email will include a letter which you'll sign electronically, return to us and can download for your records.
Post-Offer Hiring Process
You'll receive all needed forms, instructions and our contact information if you have any follow-up questions. This process may include a background check and/or a drug screen. COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of all positions - proof of vaccination is required before you can start. We will evaluate potential accommodations for anyone seeking an exemption due to a medical condition or religious belief.
Check-ins from your future team
As turnaround times vary for screening results, we'll provide any needed updates and let you know what to expect for your first day on the job.
First day and onboarding
Congratulations - we're excited to have you join our team! Onboarding varies by position, but on your first day at Atria you'll typically meet coworkers, take a workplace tour and begin any required training.
Starting at: $14.30 per hour
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Category: Facilities - Maintenance
Location: Malden MA, 02148
Req ID: 2022-197305
- Cladding (Construction)