Who is Chinook?
Chinook works with key building stakeholders to make their facilities secure, compliant, and efficient. We assess, quantify, and prioritize their needs, and systematically implement change to optimize operations. Our work results in better building performance, ease of maintenance, and reduced energy use and utility costs to realize cost savings in both new and existing facilities. We ensure systems and equipment are designed, constructed, and operating in accordance with the owners project requirements, and maintain compliance with codes, standards, regulations, and industry best practices. We lower operational risk exposure and implement proactive cybersecurity measures to protect Operational Technology and reduce a clients threat landscape.
Looking for challenging and rewarding work alongside some the best in the business? Energized by finding new solutions and technologies that benefit your clients, improve efficiency, and make buildings and the environment better? Eager to work in a setting where you can make a difference, be involved from strategy through implementation, and can see your ideas come to life? Do you thrive in an environment where initiative is rewarded with opportunity? If your answer to these questions was a Yes then Chinook may be the right fit for you.
And a few more things -- are you flexible in your work schedule and work location? Our work allows for some work from home, but it also requires us to be hands-on for our clients when and where they need us. Are you up for a little adventure? Chinook performs work in some interesting places well worth visiting, and you might want in on that.
The Controls Programmer is responsible for executing programming on Chinook Systems Implementation projects. The focus is on building automation systems and mechanical systems support, which range in size and complexity, with a goal to meet project deadlines and financial expectations. This is a customer-facing role that requires the coordination and management of both internal and external resources to deliver project expectations. This position will work with field personnel, subcontractors, and other technical support staff as needed. Areas of work may include BAS Design, Design/ Build, Renovation, Retro-fit, and modification of building BAS, HVAC, SCADA, Electrical, and Energy Management Systems. This position will report directly to a Program Manager or Business Team leader for project delivery functions and will assist in business development tasks such as generating fee proposals. This position requires significant client interaction. Significant tasks also include scheduling, document preparation, inspections and testing, report generation, problem resolution, quality assurance, and assisting in the development of sales opportunities. Typically, this position is filled by persons who have been continuously performing Building Automation programming for BAS implementation projects for 5 years or more, or by persons who can demonstrate a record of successful project execution and leadership according to Chinook Systems core principles and values.
- You will be directly responsible for the developing programming and operator interface graphics for our building automation systems.
- Develop control programs and operator interfaces for new projects.
- Significant tasks may include designing, reviewing, estimating, and purchasing BAS and Automation systems, related components, and incorporating them into Energy Solution projects, or on a standalone basis.
- Develop and apply tools that are applicable to the type and complexity of the project.
- Ensure BAS systems are in compliance with client design requirements.
- Liaise with project stakeholders (Building Owners, Contractors, Architects, Engineers, and management) on an ongoing basis.
- Apply Chinook Systems engineering standards as well as industry standards i.e. executing work according to applicable industry standards ASHRAE, ASME, NFPA, Building Commissioning Association to ensure compliance with codes and project quality delivery
- Set and continually manage project expectations with project team members and other stakeholders.
- Utilize open BAS protocols and communications - BACnet, LON, MODBUS, Ethernet, Web-Services, HTML, and others to achieve client BAS requirements.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Assist in the preparation and review BAS Automation designs, drawings, bills of materials, diagrams, and graphics.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and develop contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the team, including suppliers, subcontractors, and teaming partners
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelors degree in engineering is required, although an equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical discipline specific to HVAC and building automation may also be acceptable.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact at all levels of an organization and effectively communicate with high-profile customers.
- Must have experience, knowledge or training in Microsoft Networks, HTML, Ethernet/IP, and cybersecurity.
- 5+ years of Building Automation (BAS) programming experience
- Demonstrated experience with HVAC Control, Energy Management systems, and software is a MUST
- Must be highly proficient with a PC including the Microsoft Applications and project management applications/packages (MS Project and other risk management tools) and risk management tools.
- Must have extensive knowledge and certification in the Niagara platform.
- Experience with any of the following product lines is preferred: Schneider Electric, Johnson Controls, ALC, Siemens, Honeywell
- Experience with MS Visio is strongly preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Chinook Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against anyone because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Chinook is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment must be US citizens and be able to pass security screens, up to Top Secret level, due to the nature of who we work for.
Applicants must be able to work a full day on a project site, combined sitting, standing, walking, and in front of the monitor. We can guarantee you wont be bored!
Applicants must be able to stand, climb ladders, stairs, and get to wherever the problem is so you can see it for yourself.
- Building Automation
- Business Development
- Computer Security
- Energy Management