Dependable Line Haul/Shuttle division provides overnight delivery services to customers in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
Drivers generally conduct meet and turns with drivers at designated locations. While pulling doubles, drivers are not required to handle freight. This no touch, night shift position is ideal for those who prefer less traffic and more actual driving. Pay for this division ranges from $.60 to $.64 per mile.
Line haul drivers' primary responsibility will be to conduct trailer swaps with other DHE drivers at designated meet and turn locations. All line haul driver pull doubles and must be proficient coupling and uncoupling equipment.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Inspect tractor and trailer(s) before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Communicate effectively with operations and other drivers
- Minimum age requirement - 23 years of age
- Possess a valid license for the position you are seeking
- Social security card
- Current D.O.T. physical
- Hazmat, Doubles, & Tanker endorsements - Required
- 6-months verifiable experience