As an organization that is going through a major transformation phase, we are looking for cloud engineers who will be actively implementing Cloud solutions and migration of legacy environments to cloud environments. This engineer is expected to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in a cloud environment. Whether it is IaaS, PaaS or FaaS, you will be developing and implementing Service Oriented Architectures, including service-to-service communications, service discovery, and fault tolerance. Along with technical skills, this developer is expected to be excellent communicator, participate in team building and prioritization skills, and expected to have ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment.
- Must have 3+ years of developing custom software with Any of languages like Java, Python, Javscript, C++, or Ruby
- Must have extensive experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Must be very comfortable with most of POSIX commands, OS parameters tuning, bash-scripting.
- Should be proficient in OS security controls, privileges and escalation.
- Should have sound knowledge of Networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Must exploit external REST APIs and also design RESTful services to integrate with other data providers.
- Must have Extensive knowledge of Data formats JSON, XML, AVRO and others.
- Should have worked with
- Any of Relational databases like Oracle, Postgres etc
- Any of NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB etc
- Good to have done Production Support before even in traditional non-cloud applications.
- Should have done Continuous Integration/Delivery on previous engagements with tools like Jenkins, Go.CD, Bamboo etc.
- Should have extensive knowledge of build tools like Maven, Gradle and the artifact lifecycle from Snapshots to Releases and Patch fixes.
- Good to have experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Good to have consumed/worked with Virtualization Tools and Storage tech.
- Good to have setup/designed standard IT security practices such as Encryption, Certificates and Key management.
- Experience with one of the Cloud services AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Must know how to setup a geographically redundant service in the cloud.
- Must know how to design and setup security mechanisms like identity management/authorization like AWS IAM and policies
- Must know how to setup network isolation with VPCs, security groups and NACLs.
- Must be proficient on at-least on any cloud automation frameworks like Terraform, Cloud-formation etc.
- Must work alongside with multiple teams like Development, Security and Architects.
- Good communication skills with exposure to tools like JIRA and processes like Kanban, Agile.
Bash (Scripting Language)
Platform As A Services