To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Las Cruces, NM
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Safety Specialist - United States
CH2M & Jacobs • Las Cruces, NM
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a Test Evaluation and Support Team contract position (TEST2) contract position at the NASA White Sands Test Facility. This position may be assigned to Jacobs Technology or a teammate company. This is a temporary/intermittent position.
- Conduct audits/assessments and walk-through to ensure organizational compliance with safety program.
- Provide guidance to operations to ensure safe and environmentally responsible work practices are implemented.
- Provide reports and briefings to management as required.
- Maintain, inspect, and order PPE and safety equipment.
- Provide HSE training to site personnel, subcontractors, customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of two (2) years college or vocational training in science, safety/health, engineering, or other related technical field in area of specialty plus twelve (12) years relevant HSE experience in industrial/construction industry, or any equivalent combination of education/ experience for total of fourteen (14) years.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI safety related regulations.
- Proficiency with MS Office preferred.
- Experience with Incident Injury Free and behavior-based safety techniques desired.
- College degree in area of HSE discipline/specialty, science, or engineering is preferred.
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST), Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST), or Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) certification is preferred.
UNUSUAL OR SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
Position involves extended periods of sitting. Physical requirements are sitting, walking, standing, use of stairs, and access to remote structures. Typically required to lift and hold up to 10 pounds. Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
Desk/office work and test area work. As necessary, must be able to travel to other work areas, be aware of safety requirements for those areas, and work within those constraints (e.g. access procedures and proper PPE). Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility. Requires meetings with authors, customers, and upper management to discuss project requirements. All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASKS
Computer work required. Use of printer/copiers, calculator, printer, fax, scanner, telephone, filing cabinets, and other standard office equipment is required.
CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCE
Regular attendance and punctuality is required. Occasional overtime may be required in support of test project schedules or other priority assignments as determined by management or customer needs. Personnel in the branch are cross-trained to allow for normal planned vacation and sick leave.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must exhibit professional behavior in all interaction peers/management and with customers. Must work well under pressure to meet deadlines. Dress must be appropriate for the position and not pose a safety risk or hazard to the employee or others in accordance with NASA and Company policies. Required computer proficiencies in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).Occasional travel may be required. Must be able to pass a physical examination (including drug testing) as determined by the NASA White Sands Test Facility and the Company for the job classification. If applicable to the specific job assignment, must possess and maintain a valid drivers license. Must be a U.S Citizen. Must pass a Federal background investigation. Must maintain site access to NASA facilities and computer systems.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>