You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $26.00 to $28.00 hourly
Robert Half has a long-term contract / temporary opportunity available for an experienced, organized Staff Accountant at a reputable Energy/Natural Resources company. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in compliance, review schedules for the reporting processes, and work alongside our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. Based in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
- Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
- Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Organize capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Execute month end close, journal entries, with little supervision
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to handle multiple projects within strict deadlines
- Experience with ERP systems
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Great attention to detail
- Procedures experience desired
- Foundational knowledge in month end closings
- Onboarding experience preferred
- General familiarity with SAP HANA
- Adeptness in bookkeeping
- Demonstrated knowledge of A Plus
- General ledger experience
- Practical knowledge of Enterprise Level
- Internal Control experience highly desired
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant for more information.
- Attention To Detail
- Bank Reconciliation
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 04600-0012642270
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.