Job Title: Administrative Assistant Part-Time
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
In a career as our Part Time Administrative Assistant, you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Perform general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
- Greet visitors and staff in person or via telephone, determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate person or office.
- Process, maintain, and filing departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
- Maintain schedules and coordinate calendars for meetings and other events; record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist in organizing events as needed.
- Make travel arrangements and complete expense reports as needed.
- Track, research, and prepare various reports, material packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
- Complete departmentally specific administrative tasks as applicable per area of responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 years of experience including some administrative or clerical experience.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures and practices, and filing methods.
- Must have advanced skills in the MS Suite of products with emphasis on Excel.
- Must be proficient with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multitask while maintaining quality standards
About Boys Town Iowa:
Boys Town Iowa has been helping families stay together since 1989 through our expanding In-Home Family Services program. Our unique in-home programs serve more than 1,100 families and 2,200 children in Iowa each year. 2019 is officially the 30 year anniversary for Boys Town providing services in Iowa. We are very excited about this milestone and plan to celebrate our success and longevity with our team throughout the year.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Date Posted: September 14, 2019
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.