Order Type :
Amazing Direct Hire opportunity to work for a solid Fortune 500 manufacturing company in the city of Lake Forest, CA.
Looking for a Sr. Hardware Engineer. Salary 120k to 135K
Company offers great benefits and room for growth.
This role offers you the opportunity to join a world-class development team in the rapid growth market of IoT devices and smart home technology. As a Sr. Electronics Design and Development Engineer, you will be involved with new residential electronic lock development and improving existing products. As we continue to drive innovation Smart Home in the smart home ecosystem you will be an integral part of the development team that brings new concepts and technologies directly to customers. This is an ideal role for a hands-on engineer who is looking to make an impact, learn new skills and experience exciting career growth with an established and nimble industry leader.
You will be working with a cross functional product development team: mechanical, electronics, firmware engineers, mobile applications and cloud developers, software/firmware testing team and non-technical team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• (40%) Responsible to develop electronic design solutions for New Product Introductions (NPI), new features or enhancements to existing products; inclusive of scope, architecture, design, develop, test and qualification, release to production and future support of solutions.
• (15%) Work with other technical and non-technical team members to take high level project requirements into technical requirement documents, design trade-offs, risk assessments, scope/schedule estimates, test and execution.
• (10%) Responsible for design integrity and quality: conduct design reviews, incorporate test/manufacturing DFx feedback to improve the design and complete all needed environmental and regulatory testing. • (10%) Identify and implement cost reductions, component alternate sources and quality improvements for your designs.
• (5%) Work with PCBA and finished goods manufacturers to ensure design is ready for production, build prototypes and support cross functional teams.
• (5%) Coordinate and work with other designers and engineers to build project plans, schedules, and mitigation plans to meet projects’ goals
• (5%) Represent the team and organization with external partners, industry alliances and related events, and important customers.
• (5%) Report design/project progress, issues, risks, and possible solutions.
• (5%) Apply knowledge and learnings into new designs
Education and Experience Profile
• A bachelor's degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) or a related field
• 5 years of related experience.
• Experience owning and delivering a hardware design through the entire product life cycle from requirements phase, architecture development, qualification, release to production and post launch support.
• A full understanding of common communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, etc. and troubleshooting practices for them
• A solid understanding of 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers electrical characteristics and design best practices.
• Successfully completed system bring up and integration as well as design validation for new product and existing products
• Experience with schematic capture and layout tools (Altium preferred), BOM/AVL management.
• Organized, able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously with varying degrees of complexity, priority and urgency.
• Experience working with other designers, firmware engineers, software developers to bring solutions to market.
• Strong sense of urgency and ownership of your deliverables.
• Strong communication to audiences of varying technical understanding, passionate about electronics, collaborative engagement with others but comfortable working independently.
• Excellent documentation practices
• Some travel is required
Additional Desired Skills
• Experience in developing battery powered systems and techniques to measure, analyze and maximize battery life.
• Experience developing IoT products
• Familiarity with one or more of the following: Zwave, Zigbee, Homekit, Thread, BLE, WiFi
• Familiarity with Python or other scripting language in support of testing and automation.
If you would like to apply for this position please send resume to [ Email address blocked ]
Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Pay Rate :
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering