Animal Care Technician- Dayton NJ 08810- permanent position
- Ideal candidate will be responsible for animal cage wash and will be working with small animals such as: mice, rats, rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Work schedule flexible start time: 6am/7am to 2pm/3p
- 2 positions open working either Mon-Friday or Wednesday to Sunday same time
About the client:
Our client is a contract laboratory that has provided research and testing services to the agrichemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, dietary supplement/functional foods, personal care, animal health, biotechnology, and household product industries
Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- General feeding and watering of all animals.
- Changing litter, cleaning cages, cleaning animal rooms to maintain highest level of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washing glassware, feeders, etc. as required.
- Monitor need for feed, cleaning supplies, paper products.
- Log in animals upon their arrival and put into cages.
- Assist in repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare animals for testing (i.e. clipping fur, ear tagging)
- Assist technicians with the performance of tests.
- Hold animals during dosing of test samples.
- Ability to safely wear a respirator required
- Assist with maintenance of outside premises as weather permits.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Ability be adaptable and work at high level of integrity; must enjoy working with animals and comfortable handling them
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates or BS Degree in Science preferred
- Animal Science experience preferred
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply