* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) from an accredited college or university
* Successful completion of an ACGME accredited or equivalent residency program in Obstetrics and Gynecology or the ability to obtain prior to starting employment
* Board Certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine or active candidate for certification in the next two years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) to ensure the protection of the confidentiality and security of healthcare information for all patients
* Knowledge of the principles and methods of training medical staff to ensure standards of care meet or exceed expectations
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and electronic medical record
* Basic knowledge of QA guidelines and/or requirements
* Demonstrated analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills
* Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and precision
* Demonstrated ability to make appropriate and timely decisions
* Ability to respond with promptness and dedication to periodic emergency requests
* Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks
* Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
* Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
* Ability to ascribe to the basic tenets of professionalism
* Ability to travel to various locations within the Cook County Health & Hospitals System
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
* A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Deferred Compensation Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to attending Physician Xi - OB/GYN
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
* Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
* CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Attention To Detail
- Conflict Management
- Critical Thinking