To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD 21044
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Columbia, MD
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a General Accountant in Columbia, South Carolina (SC). Summary: Supporting the Company's Partner Schools, this position offers a chance to do more than just month-end close and general ledger work. This position provides a chance to make an impact on the day-to-day operations of the client's accounting department, by participating in extensive financial and variance analysis. This position interacts with internal service delivery management. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close process for clients, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing, reviewing and documenting financial statements and variances
- Prepare, review and analyze transactions ensure compliance with Contracts and Statement of Agreements
- Prepare analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for use in reporting; Assist in the account analysis in coordination with Financial Services team
- Responsible to provide accurate, timely deliverable for assigned schools
- Interact and coordinate with Service teams on special tasks and reporting requirements
- Interact with internal and external auditors, management and other departments as required to accomplish goals
- Ensure compliance with contracts, policies, processes and control procedures
- Assist, as needed, to support corporate and audits
- Comply with all deadlines, including those set by the School Boards
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- Proficiency utilizing accounting software
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office products, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to prioritize daily, weekly and monthly tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Motivated to take initiative to tackle challenges and projects
- Remote Capability: Open for remote 1-2 days a week; However, need to be on site 100% first month or 2
- Three (3) years accounting experience
- Experience in a multi-company environment
- Experience using Oracle accounting software