At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Exelon Clearsight is rapidly growing company and an industry leader for aerial inspections of electric power assets. We operate with a tribe-like culture where we empower our team members to leverage their cross-functional strengths to help deliver a world-class experience for our clients. Our company is built on core values of safety, excellence, and innovation. Exelon Clearsight is the only solutions provider backed by the nation’s leading energy company (Exelon Corp), which combines the strengths of a complete integration in the energy business and unique insights from decades of complex problem solving experience to deliver superior value for our clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to strengthen our sales team and accelerate our growth in the electric utilities market. The Senior BDM will sell our proven asset management services including, but not limited to visual drone-based inspections, infrared inspections, wood pole inspections, system audits, vegetation management, and LiDAR surveys which add substantial value for enterprise-level objectives. The Senior BDM will hit the ground running, be able to function mostly independent, and have the experience required to manage an end-to-end sales pipeline: prospecting, qualifying, negotiating, and closing deals. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with decision makers at utilities (investor-owned, cooperatives, and municipals) and have working knowledge of T&D electrical systems from selling technical services/products; experience with aerial inspections and/or artificial intelligence is a plus.
Typically, this position demands frequent regional travel for client meetings with occasional travel to other locations for conferences, events, or special assignments. This is a full-time position with a generous base salary, benefits package, and a highly competitive commission structure offering unlimited upside potential.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior BDM assists in delivering on Exelon Clearsight’s business development strategy and will report to the sales manager. The Senior BDM primarily focuses on acquiring new business and creating strong, lasting relationships with our clients in the electric utility industry and beyond. The Senior BDM will maintain knowledge of our products and services and a deep understanding of the competitive landscape. The Senior BDM conducts such activities as prospecting, following up on leads from marketing campaigns, meeting with clients, qualifying opportunities, generating proposals/contracts, and nurturing client relationships while focusing on meeting or exceeding assigned revenue goals. The Senior BDM will work closely with internal groups such as Marketing, Operations, Legal, and Accounting, as well as external partners to deliver best-in-class services to our clients. The Senior BDM will assist other members of the sales team and provide feedback to management for improvements and adjustments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Build and manage strong, professional relationships with internal and external clients, and carry out sales related tasks to include:
• Follow up on marketing leads, prospecting for leads, qualifying business opportunities, negotiations, closing sales, and seeking renewal/upsell/cross-sell opportunities
• Generating proposals and contract documents
• Assist in the planning/execution marketing campaigns
• Represent the company at events
2. Maintain accurate and comprehensive records in the CRM for all business development activities
3. Liaise with other business units and departments as required to conduct sales activities
4. Provide regular reports to senior management on sales activities and be the voice of the customer
• 4-year degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
• 5-7 years of business-to-business (B2B) sales experience
• Knowledge of B2B contracting requirements and standard practices
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral, written, presentation)
• Ability to manage a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities and meet revenue goals
• Ability to write and negotiate contracts, and be able to efficiently and effectively close sales
• Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including senior executives
• A high level of independence is critical to this position
• Prior sales experience in the utilities industry
• Prior sales experience in a startup
• Proven track record in B2B sales
• Experience with UAS and/or Certified UAS Pilot
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ]
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Development
- Business To Business