ECS is seeking a Site Lead to work in our Adelphi, MD office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Site Lead must be self-motivated, dependable, responsible, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program. The ideal candidate will develop and implement solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with program leadership and external business partners and customers as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to project resources and the client to meet deployment deadlines and objectives.
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on alternate course of actions and drive stakeholders to consensus and decision.
- Experience managing projects developing and/or deploying IT systems or infrastructure, software applications, or integrating new IT capabilities into existing environments.
- Experience managing project using both waterfall and agile project management techniques.
- Experience managing applicable project artifacts, to include status reports, staffing plan, resource requirements, and stakeholder status briefings.
- Experience managing project scope, cost, and schedule; identification of changes; and development and routing of change requests.
- Experience provided guidance and leadership to technical teams and niche technical resources to ensure collaboration across all technical domains.
- Experience in identifying areas for process improvement in all phases of project lifecycle to improve team efficiency.
- Experience prioritizing and assigning projects tasks as necessary to ensure project success.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a technical team, provide strategic guidance and leadership to team when required, and provide directive leadership when necessary, and the ability to identify when each of these techniques are appropriate.
- The Site Lead serves as both lead technical integrator as well as project manager for all site-specific migration activities for an assigned site and is responsible for end to end project management tasks.
- Thoroughly understand scope and requirements, estimate task duration, and oversee the implementation of all project requirements while managing cost, schedule, and performance risks.
- Communications between project sponsor, stakeholders, customers, senior leadership, site executive staff, and site technical staff as well as collaboration between interdependent projects leads.
- Leadership of the technical team and balancing of shared technical resource pool.
- Identification and resolution of internal and external defects.
- Facilitating Organizational Change Management (OCM) activities with site leadership and end users to minimize business disruptions.
- Serve as liaison between the sponsor functional branches, the Program Manager, and all associated stakeholders.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for all site activities and serve as an advocate for the assigned site.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Bachelor’s degree with 10-12 years of experience
- or a Master's degree with 8-10 years of experience in the subject or area related to information technology of computer science.
- 4 years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Appropriate industry standard IT certifications, as well as positional IA and IT level certifications.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in any role supporting or managing IT software, hardware, or infrastructure development, design or deployment projects.
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager or technical team lead.
- Experience using and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite to include Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- PMP Certification or DAWIA Level II certification in program management.
- Prior experience working in any project role supporting DoD systems systems (software, hardware, infrastructure, integration, etc.).
- Preparing and presenting information to senior executives (local command leadership, senior stakeholders, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to advocate on behalf of assigned site leadership.
- Current DoD 8570 certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.