SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job Description
As the Senior Sales Support Specialist, you will be responsible for working closely with the Sales Department and Key account managers to create and qualify new leads under campaign or project requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the Sales Account associates and Sales Executives in generating and opportunities for domestic accounts within a strategic business unit (SBU) in accordance with SGS CRS sales strategies and individual targets.
- You will focus on Customer Service inquiries such as updates on invoices, project coordination, and deadline.
- Process and Qualify all US sales Inquiries (Web, Phone, E-mail)
- Work closely with sales to renew relationships with dormant accounts
- Responsible for the development of client quotes for testing services
- Support to create, communicate, and execute account sales plans for new, or assigned accounts.
- Identify and win new customers by telesales and internet - leveraging industry contacts, networking, and internal SGS referrals.
- Work in coordination with Sales, and Operations.
- To maintain and update service pricing data for domestic testing.
- Other tasks as assigned to support sales strategies.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business or another related field
- 3-5 years of Inside Sales/ Sales Support experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a lab testing environment.
- Language Skills: English/ Advanced level of knowledge required/
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate preferred
- Must be a fast learner, able to work on own.
- Demonstrated professional behavior including time management, lead management, and customer-focused collaboration.
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level preferred
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to demonstrate complex and integrated files for client Requests for Proposals and presentations.
- List other knowledge/skills or abilities required/preferred for performing the job.
- Ability to establish effective working and team relationships with internal and external customers works in a collaborative manner
- Good time management and follow up
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail-oriented
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must possess and exhibit a positive attitude and ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically. BOSS a plus
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Literacy