Educates members and potential members of the features of credit union products and services to increase awareness; this may include outbound telephone calls, in person prospecting, and mail. Provides exceptional member service in terms of professionalism, communication, and branch operations. Performs duties including teller transactions, new accounts, and loan processing
1. Educates and cross-sells members on Credit Union products and services through identifying their needs.
2. Conducts the submission of loan applications, interviews, underwrites, decisions, and closing of consumer loan applications within established lending limits.
3. Performs basic teller transactions which include opening new accounts, account maintenance, and IRA maintenance.
4. Ensures compliance of established Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulations.
5. Provides members with financial education and referrals for appropriate debt counseling.
6. Encourages a positive and professional work environment through effective communication with peers and management.
7. Participates in branch sales meetings by offering ideas for promotions to assist in increasing branch performance.
8. Delivers prompt, courteous, professional service to all Credit Union members.
9. Consistently maintain product sales averages in line with established branch goals.
10. Responsible for maintaining an appropriately stocked work station for an enhanced level of member service.
11. Responsible for the proper accountability of individual cash drawer and adheres to Credit Union policy and procedures for balancing.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.Required Training:
Complete any required training by assigned due date. Specific Skills:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outgoing professional demeanor/appearance required.
2. Demonstrated sales and public relations skills, practical knowledge of sales techniques and processes, and ability to work with a team to achieve results.
3. Possess comprehensive understanding of regulations applicable to lending and deposit products.
4. Self-starter and excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to make sound credit decisions.
6. Proficient in use of standard office equipment and computer software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Ability to work a rotating schedule over a seven-day a week period. Experience:
One year related experience. Cash handling experience preferred.
Identify Customer Need