To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Palm Beach, FL 33440
- Kiara Dollar
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager Railroad
United States Sugar Corp • West Palm Beach, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Company & Position Overview:
United States Sugar Corporation is one of America's largest diversified, privately-held agribusiness firms. In addition to growing, milling and refining cane sugar, U.S. Sugar owns two railroads: the US Sugar industrial railroad and the South Central Florida Express, a Class III short-line railroad.
This position is responsible for managing the Human Resource function for the Railroad department and bargaining employees within Sugarcane Operations, around 225 employees across two bargaining agreements. This position supports positive relations between management and members of the labor unions. This position will partner with the Safety Manager to support field implementation of safety programs and training, rules, policies, and procedures in conjunction with company-wide safety programs and applicable regulatory requirements.
We are seeking a qualified, hands-on candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources, or related field with a minimum of five years of HR management experience in a union environment. Experience in a railroad environment with knowledge of FRA regulations is strongly preferred.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with key union representatives to foster positive relationships and address grievances
- Represent the company in grievances and arbitrations, and seeks to resolve disputes
- Responsible for labor agreement administration, including serving as the company spokesman in meetings with union representatives to review and respond to cases involving discipline, claim and grievance appeals; negotiate, interpret, and implement labor agreements as necessary
- Advise managers in the application, interpretation and/or implementation of labor contract and provisions
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of Human Resources policies and programs including employment, orientation/onboarding, creating and/or updating rule books, etc.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations including FRA, EEO, FMLA, and FLSA
- Partner with the manager to conduct employee investigations and administer discipline
- Develop, implement, and track training and career development initiatives to build technical skillset for employees and ongoing development of management team
- Fulfill all organization staffing requirements via active involvement in administering bidding process, and assisting the Recruiting function in job fairs and the hiring process as needed
- Facilitate drug and alcohol testing in compliance with FRA requirements
- Responsible for interfacing with senior management over policy or strategic issues so far as labor agreement issues may be involved.
- Participates in special projects in continuance of contract handling, training and cross functional/department initiatives at company-wide and divisional levels.
Safety & Health:
- Partner with Safety Manager with initiatives and activities related to safety, health, accident/injury prevention programs to further develop safety culture
- Prepare and present training materials and rule books for employees in compliance with FRA requirements. Routinely review and evaluate. Training topics are in areas such as hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety
- Support Safety Manager in investigating safety complaints, incidents, and injuries to determine causes and preventive measures as needed
- Monitor worker's compensation claims management initiatives to ensure excellence in safety performance and claims resolution to mitigate organization exposure to associated costs
Enhance safety partnership between management and employees that continually focuses attention on daily safety behavior
- Bachelor's degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources, Organizational Leadership, or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of HR management experience in a union environment required with demonstrated experience in labor relations such as contract administration, grievance handling, and problem resolution
- Knowledge of railroad and labor and employment laws such as: RLA, FRA, EEOC, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and OSHA.
- Knowledge of OSHA and FRA safety regulations, policies, programs, as well as personal protective equipment, safety engineering, accident/injury investigation procedures and operating rules, railroad safety rules and practices; experienced with behavior-based and/or risk reduction safety programs
- Willingness to be a "hands-on" manager, digging into the root of the problem and seeing it through to completion
- Ability to interact and work with all levels of the organization
- Possess excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Computer proficiency required (MS Office Software). Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Must be able to function independently, demonstrate flexibility and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Exercise analytical thinking skills, good judgment, and solid thought process.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Duties of this job are primarily performed in an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in outside weather conditions on an as needed.
- Working conditions may be rainy, hot, humid, dusty, etc. depending on the weather.
- The noise level in the work environment can be low (Office) to loud (Field).
- May be required to work on off shifts and weekend work may be required throughout the year.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle and/or move various objects, tools and/or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk, hear, and see.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to drive for extended periods of time.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the farms and track locations.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and a reasonable representation of its activities. Other associated job duties may be assigned as required.