WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply.
Flexographic Mounter Trainee - Jacksonville, FL
1400 W. Tradeport Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218,United States
WestRock has an opportunity for a Flexographic Mounter Trainee at our facility in Jacksonville, FL. The WestRock Jacksonville facility is a Graphics Solutions facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the team here in Jacksonville.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Cleanly and systematically store plates in the plate storage room
- Maintain plate storage system and keep plate index up to date
- Retrieve and check Mylars, signed sheets, proofs and stage with plates in a manner to minimize total setup time
- Stage sleeves for mounting as needed
- Evaluate plates for quality and performance
- Produce quality mounts
- Provide feedback and continuous improvement ideas
- Log daily mounting production, reviewing schedule, and updating finished sleeves and cylinders
- Set up and operate Mount O Matic
- Operate PIT and crane (on-the-job training/certification)
- Meet the goals and expectations set to help eliminate or minimize downtime and operator errors
- Other tasks as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Experience in mounting a plus
- The ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Efficient in basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be effective in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Ability to effectively read and understand production schedule
- Must be flexible with work schedules (will eventually work 12-hour shifts)
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Protective Equipment Required:
- Safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe shoes, bump cap, and cut resistant gloves as needed
Essential/Marginal Functions and Physical Requirements
Essential: Sitting, walking, standing, lifting up to 45lbs, keying on keyboard and gripping of tools.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please go to URL blocked - click to apply to apply online.