The Charlotte, opening this summer is now accepting applications for Janitor-Floor Technician to assist maintenance and housekeeping personnel in the preventative maintenance programs for the flooring at the campus.
Responsibilities will include the completion of all assigned work orders and floor cleaning or repair projects under the supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor or Director of Facility Services.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required .
- Technical training in mechanics, electrical, plumbing, or HVAC desired.
- Technical training in janitorial activities desired.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Janitorial or maintenance experience required.
- Two years' experience in a similar janitorial position desired.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use vacuums, buffing machines, floor sweepers, mops, brooms, wet and dry carpet extractors, hand tools, carts and dollies.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC
system, carpeted flooring, normal machinery and office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 35 pounds or less over the head.
- Ability to load 75 pounds of machinery or more into standard truck bed.
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.
PT positions receive PTO & 401k