Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a Professional Recruiter to join our Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.
The Professional Recruiter will partner HR Business Partners and hiring managers across the company to find, hire, and onboard world-class talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods Corporation, a privately-held, family-owned bakery, has been in business since 1934. We have a long history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Salaried grade 9 or 10, depending on qualifications
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (flexible hours as needed)
This is an onsite position with up to three days remote work available, depending on business need. Candidates must live within commuting distance to Collegedale, TN.
At McKee Foods, people are at the heart of our success, driven by our desire to work, grow and learn together. We are looking for a Professional Recruiter to help drive our business forward in hiring top talent for many positions across the company. As a Professional Recruiter, you will work to develop a strong understanding of many business units in the company and create relationships with the business leaders. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of recruiting including job posting creation, sourcing candidates, reviewing applications, screening, reviewing assessments, interviewing, making job offers and managing the onboarding process. We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual who can work across the organization and be able to meet our evolving talent needs.
- Collaborate and consult with hiring management and recruiting team on strategic and tactical recruitment plans and best practices
- Lead sourcing efforts - source key talent through passive and active sources including targeted postings, social networking, internet research, college recruiting, referrals, etc.
- Foster and cultivate positive relationships with candidates for immediate needs and strategic long-term needs
- Lead in the development of additional networking opportunities to attract top talent, including diversity, veteran, and disability candidate outreach and alternative job boards or community-based organizations
- Participate in college/university career fairs and other recruiting events
- Maintain timely communication with candidates, recruiting team and hiring managers
- Manage movement of candidates through the full talent acquisition process including sourcing, recruiting, and onboarding for hourly and salaried positions
- Screen and evaluate candidates at each stage in the candidate pipeline, advising them on the process and providing feedback as appropriate
- Input, update and maintain recruitment records to ensure timely reporting on key metrics and compliance with all legal regulations
- Act as consultant to the business units regarding recruiting trends, and various recruiting activities
- Lead corporate-wide efforts to design new processes and continuously improve the ability to recruit and retain the best fit employees
- Identify and research new innovative and creative recruiting methods
- Other recruiting related projects/tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications or similar area
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in talent sourcing and recruiting
- Experience sourcing for professional positions including Sales and Marketing, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Human Resources, etc.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple priorities and provide strong consultative skills throughout the recruiting process
- Excellent self-motivation, drive and ability to work independently
- Proficient in talent sourcing using resources like LinkedIn, Indeed, user groups, social media, cold calling, CRM sourcing, and other recruiting tools and databases
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate and connect with a broad range of people
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, internet research, and social media tools such as LinkedIn)
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable of applicable employment laws
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills for outstanding results and continuous improvement
- Excellent interviewing and evaluation skills
- 7-10 years of full lifecycle recruiting experience
- Prior experience with enterprise applicant tracking/talent acquisition systems (preferably Workday)
- Prior experience working with a Candidate Relationship Management System (CRM)
- One or more Professional Certifications (i.e. HCI’s Strategic Talent Acquisition, Recruiter Academy Certified Recruiter, Certified People Sourcer, The Sourcing Institute Certifications, Social Talent Certifications, AIRS® Certifications, LinkedIn Recruiter, SPHR)
- Challenging work and promotion opportunities for high-performing professionals
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Health insurance, including prescription drug plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision care plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off (for vacation, holidays, sick time, personal time, etc.)
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
- Profit-sharing program
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (Premiums Paid by the Company)
**EOE, including disability/veterans**