To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor - Construction & Maintenance
AVANGRID, Inc • Rochester, NY
Posted 9 days ago
Supervises employees in the construction, operation and maintenance of
electric and/or gas distribution and transmission systems. Oversees,
plans and schedules new construction work, preventive and corrective
maintenance, inspections and training activities. Ensures that
construction and maintenance is completed in accordance with
construction standards, following approved policies, procedures, safety
rules and budgets. May interact with customers (internal & external) to
solve problems/concerns and ensure customer satisfaction.
1. Plans and oversees work of line and gas and/or electric departments.
Supervises to ensure safe and efficient operation of the daily field
activities of both Company and various contractor construction crews.
May resolve customer issues when needed. May provide assistance to
Technical Services on new construction and rebuilding existing plants.
Works closely with the PSC and local government agencies. (50%,P)
2. Schedules the work of line or street crews. Assess the scope of
projects and assigns the appropriate crew and skills balance. Arranges
for any special equipment and insures that all material needs are met.
3. Administers damage claims and billing, leak reports, time sheets,
store orders, job kitting, work order balancing, material review,
compliance with safety rules and regulations, standards of excellence
and/or service guarantees. Monitors accuracy of Gas Records for auditing
purposes and ensure compliance. (10%,P)
4. Oversees construction office and support budget management. May
coordinate department activities with local and state highway
departmental officials. (10%,S)
5. Supervises emergency restoration. (5%,S)
6. Coordinates safety training, documentation, inspections, and accident
investigations. May be responsible for labor relations contract
administration and communications. May conduct employee evaluations for
annual performance appraisal process. (5%,S)
Skills and Requirements
• Results and customer service oriented.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Self directed work skills with emphasis on multitasking.
• Computer skills applicable to MS Word, MS Excel, SAP, MS Outlook.
• Demonstrated supervisory skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be available for response to after hour's to work storms,
emergencies, and critical assignments.
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant
experience or High School Diploma/GED required with 10 years relevant
experience and the completion of the relevant progression program.
• Knowledge of line work and construction.
• Knowledge of line, gas and/or electric theory, switching,
tagging, labor agreement, safety manual, leak detection methods,
procedures and instrumentation.
• Knowledge of industry codes including NEC, NESC, Hazmat, and
• Valid Drivers License.
• May require various DOT Operator Qualifications.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com