To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sustaining Test Engineer II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 30 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Sustaining Test Engineer I or II
provides support for test processes on the production floor and product startups.
Essential Functions and Competencies
Provides support for test processes on the production floor and product startups.
- Understanding of, and use of, University level technical writing, mathematical and statistical tools for equipment justifications, design of experiments and general engineering problem solving
- Understanding of electrical design principles
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work individually or in teams
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
- Ability to travel, including day, overnight and international travel as required
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Help develop continuous improvement plans for test and assist in continuous improvement implementation
- Coordinate the installation of production test equipment
- Perform testing for equipment protocols
- Perform and coordinate training for test equipment and processes as required
- Participate in transition teams for product moves between BEI sites as required
- Aid in the disposition of test capital equipment as required
- Stay abreast of test equipment and process trends in the electronic manufacturing industry
- Coordinate the installation of hardware and software updates as required
- Work with the product and process groups as required to reduce recurring manufacturing defects
- Demonstrate the ability to solve and document moderately complex cross-departmental issues using structured problem solving tools
- Develop continuous improvement plans for test and assist in continuous improvement deployment
- Coordinate the testing for new test equipment protocols
- Coordinate training for new test equipment and processes as required
- Propose ideas for custom tooling for overall test process and equipment improvement
- Maintain contact with test equipment suppliers for hardware and software updates
Level I: 0 to 2+ years experience in Manufacturing
Level II: Minimum 5 + years experience in Manufacturing with strong technical and project management experience
4 year Engineering or Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.