To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
- Myers and Stauffer LC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Myers & Stauffer • Denver, CO
Posted 1 month ago
Myers and Stauffer LC is a certified public accounting and health care reimbursement consulting firm, specializing in audit, accounting, data management and consulting services to government-sponsored health care programs (primarily state Medicaid agencies, and the federal Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services). We have 40 years of experience assisting our government clients with complex health care reimbursement and provider compliance issues, operate 18 offices and have 800 associates nationwide.
At Myers and Stauffer you will have a career that is rewarding on every level of the organization. We are committed to providing our employees with:
* Professional growth and development opportunities
* Educational opportunities leading to certifications
* A diverse, dynamic, and challenging work environment
* Strong leadership, communication, and feedback
* A well-balanced lifestyle, that includes personal and family time in addition to professional and networking opportunities
* Creative and innovative solutions to challenges facing our government clients
The Staff Auditor/Accountant will perform reviews of Medicaid provider cost reports, analyze health care provider financial information, perform reimbursement calculations; and prepare written documents supporting professional decisions.
* Conduct desk reviews and various on-site audits
* Conduct research in order to determine billing and reimbursement compliance with relevant Medicaid or other government program regulations
* Conduct all phases of the audit including planning and research, risk assessment, fieldwork, reporting of findings, and other procedures as required
* Review applicable Federal and State policies and regulations associated with each specific audit type prior to performing the audit
* Prepare working papers to document scope and findings of audit in accordance with Medicaid or other government program regulations and AICPA standards
* Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, data gathering, analysis, reporting, and process improvement
* Maintain security and confidentiality of all protected health information when analyzing material
* Maintain thorough electronic documentation
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required; Master's degree in accounting or related field preferred
* Minimum GPA of 3.25 preferred
* CPA or CPA candidate preferred
* Internship or equivalent working experience in accounting or related field preferred
* Experience with health care auditing and data analysis preferred
* Ability to review statutory/regulatory or other policy language and apply requirements
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Effectively multi-task with planning and efficiency
* Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments
* Proficient use of applicable technology; specifically Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans. An E-Verify Employer. Drug-free workplace.