To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glastonbury, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environment, Health, Safety & Security Sr. Specialist
Cardinal Health • Glastonbury, CT
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What EH&S contributes to Cardinal Health
EH&S is responsible for designing, developing and implementing EH&S procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements and to eliminate or minimize EH&S risks to the Company, its employees, the environment and the communities in which it does business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of environment, health and safety and workers' compensation laws and regulations and translates them into actionable processes, programs and practices.
- Drives the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EH&S management system.
- Provides managerial support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place.
- Designs, develops and implements procedures, programs, processes and systems that ensure EH&S compliance, and enhance EH&S performance.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks.
- Manage incident process through classifying and recording injuries in accordance to OSHA requirements.
- Lead injury Root Cause Analysis and assigning corrective and preventative action, with emphasis on employees return to work policies.
- Manage monthly data collection by entering through online databases, including temporary worker hours, environmental KPI, and annual plan completions.
- Reduce risk by leading the site in the development and implementation of action through an annual EHS plan.
- Develop and deliver safety training, to meet federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Complete annual regulatory reports, such as the OSHA 300A and EPA Tier II.
- Plan, Do, Check and Act on identify hazards by developing plans to address and completing actions toward mitigation.
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred
- Familiarity with EHSS Management Systems and their successful implementation
- Strong knowledge of regulations and guidance promulgated by Federal and State OSHA and EPA, as well as workers’ compensation requirements
- Ability to work, collaborate and negotiate with government officials, consultants, and other third-party stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Manufacturing experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.