Facility: EAGLE PASS DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $18.58/Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists with the management of case management staff and helps ensure that the company’s and contracting agency’s case management are accomplished according to policies, procedures, and post orders. This position will assists in training and assisting Case Managers. This position will also function as a Case Manager for a group of inmates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as the lead of several Case Managers. Maintains vacation and other leave time schedules for case management staff. Monitors case management accomplishments and reports them to management. Provides training opportunities to staff to ensure they can fulfill their respective duties and to comply with all company and contracting agency policies, procedures, and directives. Apprises the Assistant Facility Administrator of any problems relevant to the above areas.
- Ensures that all section assignments are accomplished in a timely manner. This may include designating staff to cover the assignment of absent/vacant staff positions.
- Reviews inmate files to ensure that all data and documentation is completed accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner. Monitors improvements when deficiencies are found.
- Coordinates the Inmate Work Programs.
- Reviews applicable policies, procedures, and post orders, makes suggestions changes or for additional policies or procedures, and submits them to the Assistant Facility Administrator for review. Monitors work of case management staff.
- Reviews reports submitted by case management staff to ensure the reports have been prepare accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner. Initiates action to have the reports corrected as necessary. Provides training to staff when problem trends develop.
- Assists in maintaining facility security, especially in area of responsibility, and promptly reports any violations or security hazards to appropriate supervisory staff (i.e. the supervisor of the area in which the violation/hazard has been noted).
- Interviews newly admitted inmates/detainees.
- Conducts facility orientation for newly assigned inmates/detainees explaining rules and regulations of the facility, available services and programs, and the disciplinary and classification process.
- Provides individual counseling to inmates/detainees on an informal basis regarding work and housing assignments, adjustment problems, and family problems.
- Resolves day-to-day problems with counseling. Refers inmates with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Provides assistance to the inmates/detainees in obtaining needed services. Serves as a representative for the inmate/detainee at classification committee meetings.
- Monitors inmate/detainee custody, housing, job and program assignments to ensure all cases are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Conducts visits to inmates/detainees assigned to caseload who are housed in special housing.
- Reviews inmate/detainee medical status to determine eligibility to work in volunteer job assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.