To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chief People Officer
ExecuNet • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Our Chief People Officer will lead our global human resources, internal communications, and culture team. This team's mission is to build and nurture the most effective workforce in the journalism industry and make Company. a truly great place to work.
At Company, our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation. We strive to delight our audience and clients. We are working together to build the most-loved and most-influential journalism brand in the world.
We currently have about 500 full-time employees and plan to grow to more than 1,000. Our headquarters is in New York. We have additional offices in London, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Los Angeles. Our HR team currently consists of 11 professionals who manage HR, recruiting, payroll, benefits, culture, operations, and facilities.
Our core value—the behavior we value most on our team—is effectiveness: We make things happen. We also value teammates who are "SHAFFFF" (smart, helpful, accurate, fast, fair, fearless, fun), "good eggs," excellent communicators, and who strive to make us better every day.
Our Chief People Officer must embrace and embody these values. We’re looking for someone who makes bold decisions supported by research, data, and empathy. A skilled communicator, lifelong learner, storyteller, problem-solver, and someone who believes in promoting employee effectiveness and happiness. Our CPO should care deeply about people: how they work best, how they think, what organizational design is most effective, what unleashes people's creativity and passion. They should have experience building an effective team while growing rapidly — and hope that rapid growth is the norm. They should be tapped into the best practices in the industry, be innovative and analytical, and be dedicated to creating an inclusive culture in which every one of our employees feels welcome and respected and can do their best work.
- Regularly review, communicate, and improve policies that support our mission and values and comply with all relevant laws and regulations
- Regularly review and improve our feedback, evaluation, compensation, benefits, and training programs and systems
- Partner with our business leaders to recruit, build, and nurture the most effective team in our industry
- Be an internal and external champion of our mission and values and open communication across our organization
- Manage our HR and payroll teams (and, possibly, operations and facilities -- depends on candidate experience and desire)
- A proven leader with experience across HR and culture
- Strong business acumen
- High degrees of emotional intelligence and integrity
- Technical experience designing and building policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs
- Deep understanding of federal and state level legal compliance requirements
- Experience managing a diverse team