To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI 48901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Business Continuity Program
Accident Fund Holdings, Inc • Lansing, MI
Posted 17 days ago
Reporting to the Director, Administration & Program Management, this role will be responsible for the leading the Business Continuity Management team. The Business Continuity Manager will lead the development and design of the organization's business resilience program for planning and coordination activities. During a business interruption, the BCM will ensure the minimization of loss and restoration of critical business functions within required timeframes. The scope of the interruptions includes events that impact facilities, systems, utilities and human resource availability and will require coordination with IT counterparts to restore capabilities in the event of a disruption. This responsibility includes leading the development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the overall business recovery plans for each critical applicable functional area.
- Identifies and evaluates business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement, in compliance with appropriate regulatory/compliance guidelines.
- Coordinates and mentors business units on the creation and maintenance of business continuity plans
- Acts as a coordinator for business resumption during an emergency situation and assists recovery support and business continuity staff during a business interruption in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies.
- Designs and conducts preparedness training and exercises for Emergency Response, Crisis Management and Business Continuity teams.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of business contingency plans and performing Business Unit Risk Assessments and Business Impact Analysis (BIA); ongoing improvement/maturity of the organization's business continuity management practices.
- Plans, coordinates and manages testing of business recovery plans with appropriate vendors.
- Coordinates the efforts of staff members in different functional areas/departments in the development of procedures for the continuity of business processes in a business interruption situation.
- Leads budget and cost analysis efforts associated with recovery and restoration efforts/planning.
- Works with business units to review business impact to determine critical business processes, acceptable recovery time periods, and resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a business interruption.
- Provides reports and updates to executive leadership and management on business continuity efforts; ability to interface with all appropriate leaders and stakeholders.
- Improve the continuity capabilities of all business processes by increasing knowledge and incorporating best practices from internal and external resources; interface across several channels and seeks out business, technical, and infrastructure issues, identifying potential areas of risk.
- Represents the organization and its subsidiaries in Business Continuity Planning activities with BCBSM.
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.