The Regional Business Development Manager in Houston, TX
- MidContinent will lead business ventures and client development with Fortune 500 accounts and operational experience alongside business development teams. We are looking for someone who is commercially astute, and comfortable dealing at all levels within a client organization as well as leading a team of business development staff within the MidContinent region.
- Works closely with the Region Managing Principal to ensure the goals and objectives in the annual business plan are met.
- Pursues client contacts and establishes and fosters long-term client relationships with the focus on developing new project opportunities, promote technical service diversification and new growth opportunity initiatives for GHD.
- Actively participates in professional and/or industrial organizations to promote the GHD brand. Represents and promotes GHD at networking events, professional and industrial associations, society meetings, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Expands and maintains current client base aligned with Region or Sector plans.
- Develops and leads effective management, communication and tracking processes, and implements Client Relationship Management (CRM) strategies supporting Sector client goals within the Region. This includes supporting the creation of CRM plans for assigned clients.
- Pursues new business contacts principally through cold calls and networking to develop relationships with the goal of establishing new projects, contracts and Master Service Agreements (MSAs) within targeted Sectors.
- Sets-up and leads initial meetings and presentations for potential and current clients.
- Identifies short-term and long-term client needs or concerns to address; provides pertinent information and follow-up; recommends options, solutions; sets a forward course of action; delivers proposal opportunities to technical team.
- Expands technical knowledge and understanding to promote GHD services and capabilities.
- Conducts Go/No reviews as a best practice.
- Works with Pursuit Leaders and critically reviews and approves key proposals submitted to clients, ensuring signing authorities are enforced (QA100).
- Manages operations of the business development representatives within the MidContinent region to include coaching, mentoring, performance management and professional development efforts.
- Communicates regularly with Sector Leaders
- Provides input and collaborates on strategy with the business development team and/or senior management to assist and drive the business development function.
- Collaborates with Principals on strategic business development planning and new service Sector/new initiative development.
- Provides input on direction and gains approval for new business development targets and further development of existing client base.
- Provides input and gains approval for involvement in networking events, professional and industrial associations, society meetings, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Collaborates to identify direction on technical leads for new project opportunities/proposal development, new contracts and MSAs.
- Works with the Technical Service Line and Sector Leaders to identify applicable professional development training and educational programs within the Region.
- Provides leadership in the area of Business Development and CRM practices to the Principals and Client Relationship Managers in line with GHD’s values, purpose, goals and objectives.
- Builds effective relationships with Sector Leaders, Principals, Project Managers, Marketing Manager and Pursuit Leaders.
- Leads and manages business development representatives within the MidContinent region in effort to encourage a high performing team
- Leads strategic planning process for the Region in alignment with Global and North American planning.
- Continues to expand technical knowledge and understanding to promote GHD services and capabilities.
- Continues with professional development through training and educational programs with guidance and approval from senior management.
- Demonstrates effective execution of job description primary activities/duties.
- Shows tangible results and achievement of outlined expectations, goals, and objectives within determined timeframe.
- Develops goals and actions in alignment with the Sector or Region business plan.
- Monitors client activity across Sectors and recommends improved ways of increasing client penetration.
- Achieves appropriate and effective pricing strategies to maximize profit in context of revenue growth objectives.
- Works with Legal for review of Terms and Conditions on non-standard risk engagements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong commitment to client service excellence
- 15+ years in the oil & gas sector in a client development/account management role with Fortune 500 accounts
- MBA is preferred
- Professional Engineering degree required
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and presentation skills
- Exposure and knowledge of the EPC market and consulting industry
To learn more about why GHD is the perfect
place to bring your career check out our website [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to MidContinent Regional Business Development Manager
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of
flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a
professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of
Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including
professional development with our GHD Business School and family-friendly
flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything
we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from
being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people
enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our
passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and
pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration,
imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services
companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our
communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively
seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our
team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and
resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping
opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the
apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we
encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse
workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race,
creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Coaching And Mentoring