* Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available*
PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a Radiology Technologist Special Procedures - Cath Lab for a Full Time, Day position. PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, we've created a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
Hourly compensation is $40.81 - $65.05; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Provides patient services to a wide range of patient ages from neonates to geriatric patients using imaging modalities; performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures; provides patient care essential to procedures; recognizes patient conditions immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge current with developing requiring technology.
Details of the position:
* Conducts examinations for diagnostic interpretation, evaluates procedures, and makes recommendations for improvement. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam. Evaluates patient information for potential risk factors
* Initiates investigation of incidents when immediate action is required; otherwise refers for further evaluation to department leadership.
* Provides patient services using imaging modalities; performs examinations, assists in procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge of current/developing technology.
* Administers ionizing radiation for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures.
* Administers contrast agents as required by specified procedures under the direction of a qualified physician.
* Prepares supplies and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
* Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
* Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
* Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff & students as indicated.
* Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
* Perform surgical x-ray examinations utilizing appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
* Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology required.
* Experience and demonstrated ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
* Appropriate knowledge of radiologic principles, physics, anatomy, physiology, positioning and related medical terminology.
* PACS/RIS knowledge required.
* Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained modality as required by the State.
* Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
* Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
* Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
About the community:
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
For a full description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support