To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92113
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Physical Therapist Assistant Instructor- PT
Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. • San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Travel - None
Education - Teaching - Administration
- Prepare for class starts by organizing student material and texts to be distributed.
- Prepare lesson/unit plans and submit to the Program Director and/or Academic Dean.
- Organize and present subject matter in a meaningful way to students.
- Develop course material and evaluation tools as needed, with approval of Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Instruct classes as assigned.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Advise students at mid-term and term end with documentation.
- Evaluate students on professionalism (appearance/dress code, attitude, cooperation)
- Maintain student records, grades, and attendance. Post on permanent record sheets daily.
- Research and prepare all lecture materials in advance of class presentation.
- Notify students of make-up work due.
- Tutor students during make-up time.
- Monitor students during make-up time.
- Keep informed of current standards related to instructional area.
- Maintain a classroom environment conductive to learning.
- Attend outside workshops and seminars on improving instructional and professional skills when time and resources permit.
- Supplement student material when needed.
- Attend orientations, staff meetings, and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Assist with preparations for graduation ceremonies.
- Attend graduation ceremonies.
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies and texts.
- Maintain classrooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Report any down equipment to the Program Director or Academic Dean
- Maintain a cheerful, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Assist financial aid and administrative departments by providing information as needed.
- Assist in distributing student recognition pins and attendance stars.
- Refer students to the Program Director and/or Academic Dean if additional advising is necessary.
- Refer students having excess of three (3) absences to the Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Faculty should remain in classrooms for all assigned instructional times.
- Faculty should adhere to scheduled student breaks.
- Faculty will utilize instructional plans.
- Faculty will direct and assess student progress in achieving theory content: cognitive) and performance (competencies: psychomotor and affective) requirements of the program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Faculty member must possess an Associate Degree.
- Faculty member must have a minimum of four years of related practical work experience.
- Must be licensed as a PT or PTA.
- Previous teaching experience strongly desired.
- Faculty will be knowledgeable in the course content.
- Faculty will be effective in directing and evaluation student learning and lab performance.
- Faculty will be prepared in Educational Theory and Techniques.
Job ID: 0VG641775
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.